Toolshed Amps?

Shakeydeal

On 11/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, Steve. said:

Thanks !   I know the term end game is so overused but I don’t see myself ever replacing them.    

Such a beautiful piece of art that sounds incredible. it’s ok if Toolshed electronics are your end game. I can’t see ever selling my Primaluna because I love the sound It looks nice but that Toolshed amp looks amazing.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
On 2/6/2022 at 12:11 PM, captainbeefheart said:

That's great thank you.

I would change the specs on your website to what you just wrote here. Your website is misleading, it says no more than 1% THD and people are going to think that is at full output if not otherwise stated. This is the same thing that was just happening to the Crimson 275, they mislead on the specifications which got a lot of people fairly upset the product was sold under false pretenses.

Someone has to keep the manufacturers honest, hopefully you understand and not take this personal.

Matt and Toolshed are the most honest in the industry. Nothing but integrity. 

At least he can build an amp, get it done when promised, and deliver what he says. 

I swear . . .

• Moderators
On 2/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, captainbeefheart said:

Accomplishments? I am not sure what you are asking. I am not in the business of making amplifiers, I have zero interest in sending an amp off to a reviewer in hopes to get a name out for profit. This is just a hobby for me that I enjoy, once you start to have to put food on the table one needs to focus on business and profit and not just the joy of doing something. I have no accomplishments and admit openly. But that doesn't necessarily mean I don't know what I am talking about. My friend Bruce Egnater from Egnater Amplification (guitar stuff) is very successful I would say but why does he contact me asking questions about how to improve this or that in his gear? For example his latest model is a tube preamplifier and he was trying to improve the signal to noise ratio, he remembered something we had discussed previously so he reached out for some help to which I happily provided.

In case anyone forgot, Bruce Egnater is out in California, the real deal, patent holder. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/6/2022 at 6:56 AM, Steve. said:

I wanted to revive this thread after spending a few months with my Toolshed Transcendence 300b amp.    

I have it paired with Forte IVs and was originally using it with a Zesto Leto preamp.    The amp is equipped with the optional CTC vintage power transformer,  Hitachi Fine Met Amorphous OPT , Mundorf sio caps,  Jupiter caps,  Khozmo stepped attenuators and outfitted with new Western Electric 300b power tubes, Amperex 7788 input tubes and a Raytheon 274b rectifier.

The quality, fit , and finish of this amp is not fully appreciated until you see it first hand.    It is a work of art that sounds just as good as it looks, maybe better.    Pics do not do this amp justice !!!!   The inside is nicely laid out, very high quality hand made turret boards and clever use of mounting hardware and stand offs.  There is no plastic in this amp, no zip ties,  no double face tape everything is securely mounted with hardware.    

I was surprised how mechanically quiet and free of noise this amp is.  It is remarkably quiet ,   Zero hum or noise from the chassis and a black , quiet background free of noise or hum.   This for me is crucial.    I have sold a few pieces of gear that sounded good but had even the slightest hint of self noise.   

I have never had a SET amp,  my last few amps were all push pull pentode types, EL34, 6L6 , etc.    This amp has a purity and transparency that I have never experienced first hand.   

It is well balanced top to bottom.   Obviously it's midrange is amazing but it really surprised me in the bass region.  It is deep, tight , and never flabby like they are "supposed" to be.    I rarely turn my sub on since getting this amp,  it's low end is so good for most material, the sub muddies up the low end.  

I'm not going to try to sound like a reviewer,  I will say this was the best audio component  purchase I have ever made in 40 plus years of enjoying hi fi.    This amp is so good I am having Matt build me the companion DHT preamp.   

Www.toolshedamps.com 

https://i.postimg.cc/7YRx8SXQ/B25-B2495-3-AF4-4807-ACCF-DFA55-D0549-D6.jpg

B25-B2495-3-AF4-4807-ACCF-DFA55-D0549-D6.jpg

You are a genius!!!!

Those amps are just stunning to look at.  They certainly look top notch.  I have thought of purchasing one in the future, but the 10w/ch bugged me.    I understand the low watt rating is deceiving, but you say the bass out of this amp is plenty. What db levels do you listen at and what are the extreme levels it can hit?   I may take another look.    I mostly listen at 80-90db levels now thru Cornscala's in a medium-large room.   Thanks for the update.

• Like 1