Tower of Power or Look Ma No Fans

Gnote

I have been amassing these amps since October of 2013 and just received the final one last week.

The tower consists of 7-Crown K2's , 3-Crown K1's , 3-Crown D45's , and 2-Crown CT8150's.

It also has 2-SurgeX SX-1120-RT's to protect the amps and an ADJ switch to control some external server rack fans in back just in case it does get a little warm in there .

Tower of Power.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:01 PM, rplace said:

What are they powering?

My Home Theater has been uprooted due to my fathers poor health and me taking care of him now. But soon

It will set up like this 

I have 3 MCM 1900's for my Left ,Center , Right, If you look at the rack from the top you will see a D45 which will run the MMTM, a K1 which will run a MSM and a MSSM, and a K2 which will run a MWM .So times 3 that will chew up the first 9 Amps.

Next will be the 2 Crown 8150's they will run the Front Wide  Split LSI's , Rear LSI's . Sides 4-KPT200's , Atmos 6-KI 102's

The last 4 K2's will run Subs , I have 1 DTS10 and would like to add another , I am also thinking I will add 2 Devastators to go with.

I have 1 Xilica XP 4080 and will need to add another along with an Atmos Processor

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

How does the K1 compare to the K2? I see it’s less power. What about the sound?

I have read where the K1 sounds better on mids and highs .I personally have not noticed this. They sound almost identical to me ,if not identical. However I never set it up where I tried to compare them head to head.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, Gnote said:

I have been amassing these amps since October of 2013 and just received the final one last week.

The tower consists of 7-Crown K2's , 3-Crown K1's , 3-Crown D45's , and 2-Crown CT8150's.

It also has 2-SurgeX SX-1120-RT's to protect the amps and an ADJ switch to control some external server rack fans in back just in case it does get a little warm in there .

Tower of Power.jpg

Nice rack of amps.  Plug them in like this..

plugs.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Audible Nectar said:

Wow, that's nice. I'm thinking about finding a K2 to run my HT subs that doesn't look like it just got off the tour bus. That "No fan" plus the auto-power-off in the absence of signal might well prove itself useful here......

They are great for subs , the dampening factor is phenomenal but the auto off can actually be a nuisance, the subs don't come on in time during lfe. There is a mod which I keep meaning to do to overide the sleep mode. It is just one jumper and if you google it its easy to find

I should probably clarify. 

For Music they are awesome for Home Theater when there are long gaps between lfe they will go to sleep and they don't come out of the sleep mode for a couple seconds after the initial lfe signal. Doesn't seem like much but it is a little annoying . The sleep mod will cure that. So for the  K2's  I'm going  to use for Home Theater Sub Duty I will and I suggest the sleep mod.