PWK BIRTHDAY BASH IN HOPE -Save the Dates: March 9, 10, 11 and 12 (Jubilees up and playing)

• Moderators

Save the dates, information on signing up, details will be available soon here.

The items in the auction are MIND BLOWING! That's not a typo, the JUBILEES will be up and playing. 

By Beckie Moore, 02/17/22 1:37 AM

February 16, 2022, Hope, AR, Klipsch Heritage Museum Association (KHMA) is excited to announce plans for their March 9-12, 2022 event in honor of Paul W. Klipsch. The rolling event will begin on March 9th as KHMA will host the Chamber Community Coffee from 9:30 AM-11:00 AM at the KHMA Visitors Center located at 403 W. Division. This day and time will also serve as the Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening of the Visitors Center. Free Admission.

On Thursday, March 10 from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, the plans call for “All that Jazz”, an outdoor event at the KHMA Visitors Center. Attendees should expect a catered meal with dinner on the lawn, silent auction, and beautiful music provided by Candace Taylor & Trio. Musicians include Bass Deese, piano, George Buckner, drums and Jeff Madlock, bass. Ticketed Event. $25.00 per person.

Klipsch Heritage Museum Association will host their Annual Meeting & LIVE Auction on Friday, March 11 at 10:00 AM. The public is invited to attend this special occasion at the Klipsch Education Center located within the Hope Airport Complex on Airport Road. KHMA has a wide array of LIVE auction items that will soon be announced to the public. Free Admission.

The event continues on Friday as KHMA plans JazzFest Mardi Gras Walking Parade through downtown Hope. The parade, which starts at 6:00 PM, is open for community participation. If you would like to participate in the walking parade, please email beckie2502@sbcglobal.net for more information. Free Admission.

Klipsch Municipal Auditorium will be the venue for “Music in the Evening” on March 11 from 7:00 PM -10:00 PM. An acoustic performance will take center stage at 7:00 PM followed by Jack Daniels & the GMBC Band at 8:00 PM. The LLC Band, featuring Hope native, Joe Purvis will close out the evening at 9:00 PM. Ticketed Event. $25.00 per person.

Saturday, March 12 offers an opportunity for the community to tour the Klipsch Museum of Audio History as well as the Klipsch Education Center (for those who did not attend the annual meeting). Tours offered from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Free Admission.

To close out the rolling event, the community is invited to, once again, gather on the lawn at the KHMA Visitors Center for Jubilee Demos. The closing event will run from 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Attendees should bring lawn chairs and records to “spin”. (The Klipsch Jubilee is the new, flagship speaker of the Klipsch Heritage series.) Free Admission.

2022268202_PWKBirthdayBash.thumb.jpg.e5b2ff7057baa9c115afdda7a547be7a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Klipsch Employees

Did a little bit of an inventory on Saturday of some of the items that will be at the live auction. 

k45 woofers from several of our vendors

k48 woofers from several of our vendors

Two KPT-535/4 system with passive network

Two KPT-884-SW

A pair of ak5 walnut khorns

a pair of Cornwall IV speakers. 

a pair of AK6 walnut khorns. 

5 cs16c II

6 ds180cdt

1 ds180csm

4 ds160c

4 ds160cdt

Minimum pricing on some of these and how they will be sold has not been determined yet. I just want to get the list out and give everyone a heads up. There are more items to come and I will list them as soon as I get the info. Thanks and hope to see you in Hope for Mr K’s birthday celebration!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Travis In Austin changed the title to PWK BIRTHDAY BASH IN HOPE -Save the Dates: March 9, 10, 11 and 12 (Jubilees up and playing)

Well I'm taking off work to make it to Hope this week. Don't know if I'll know anyone after such a long absence from the forum. I am considering bringing some questionable organ music to test and torture the Jubilees in Dave Mallette's honor. Anyone else from the forum going to attend or will I be the real lonelobo? Anyone can get in touch by texting me (twoonefour-707-8one02). I'll be staying at the sumptuous Super 8 in Hope. Hoping to hook up with other Pilgrims for lunch/dinner/beer/beer/beer. 

I'll be arriving on Thursday in time for the BBQ (assuming my flight arrives on time).

To purchase tickets for the BBQ & live music event, go to the museum home page (https://www.klipschmuseum.org/) and scroll down below the event calendar picture.  The links are in the text there.  If you have a museum membership, it helps if you logon first here: https://klipschmuseum.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/klipschmuseum/login.jsp and then paste the event links into that same browser tab.  That way it will autofill your information and make the purchase quicker.

• Thanks 1