R52c center speaker for Forte L&R

mjcmt

A center speaker to compliment Heritage series L&R has been brought up before, but I need some practical advice for a poor soul w/ a small space.

I have '86 Klipsch Forte I speakers and want to add a center for use w/ a Yamaha AVR. I'm well aware that another Heritage speakers from that era is the best match, but I do not have the money or space to accommodate this solution. But I can buy the R-52C center for a reasonable price tomorrow. I've read it's very clear so it may match pretty well. Should I move on this center speaker to use w/ my Forte I?

4 minutes ago, mjcmt said:

Thank you. I thought about a center because sometimes dialogue is drown out by effects, no matter what setting I choose on the AVR. I'll keep working with it.

You may not have a Phantom mode in your AVR, at least not called by that name. Recall this conversation from recently. Practically any Klipsch center will work, at any price.

23 hours ago, billybob said:

You may not have a Phantom mode in your AVR, at least not called by that name. Recall this conversation from recently. Practically any Klipsch center will work, at any price.

Yamaha does phantom if you choose only L&R speakers. I just passed on a nice one month old r52c for a great price because I was told it's not a good match. Oh well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mjcmt said:

Yamaha does phantom if you choose only L&R speakers. I just passed on a nice one month old r52c for a great price because I was told it's not a good match. Oh well.

Klipsch has a wide variety of centers the choose from.

That is the idea of Phantom,

one convenience some can live with.  Usually do not recc. toing in and out first in mode but. Having good space around speaker. Still like my RCX-4 recc. Google it if want. From a low profile high impact design. Good looking....