Khorns signed by Paul Klipsch, worth ???

drawtheline55

Are they potentially worth more? Yes, but only with a story behind it, you can include in the sale the proper provenance to prove your story, and using professional services to provide the authentication. An auction house could help you get better market realization. In such a case, you would still be very likely to get back exactly what they were worth. Any top end you could receive would then go to pay yourself back for the the authenticators and auction services that allowed for your sale to gain any extra traction. In other words, unless you have the means to personally market these to 1000+ potential buyers who actually know and care who Paul W. Klipsch was,  and you can prove some kind of personal connection, you will not receive much more than current market rate for you area. I still think this is all very cool though. Best of luck on what ever you decide to do.

On a side note, I once had a guy ask me to put my signature on the the back of a pair of Klipsch speakers I refinished. I have to wonder what they are worth now?🤏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drawtheline55 said:

Ok, thanks for the input, but I don't know, an old baseball bat is one thing one signed by Babe Ruth...a whole different thing.

Dad was given a ball signed by Babe Ruth when he was a kid.  He didn't know any better and scuffed it up throwing it against a brick wall.

DOH!  Well, he still has it 80 years later and it's not as bad as you might think but that is certainly a painful story.  

Paul's signature would be worth a small price bump to me and more likely to make me choose these over others.  Condition would matter much more.  If they were older with a story it would matter more to me...  Just one guy's opinion... and me without decent corners for khorns anywhere in the house.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drawtheline55 said:

Just curious what do you folks think a pair of Khorns signed by Mr. Big...Paul Klipsch, circa 1993 are worth

Signed at the factory. Thanks for any input.

the PWK Signature adds value for sure to the khorn  Speakers , this is after all  the PWK Forum  , dont be shy , show us  pictures , including  the Serial numbers .

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

It would be difficult to prove the signature is authentic unless verified and authenticated.  In that case, to me they wouldn't be worth more unless that was done.

Jim Hunter can verify it by sight probably, so can Roy. Just from memory, I seem to recall about a dozen or so on here that people have posted, maybe more. 

Typically, the ones I recall seeing at least, on the two lines for signatures, the "tested by" is signed as usual, and the other one only has PWK's signature. It's pretty easy to tell it's legitimate because of that. There is typically a back story with how they got that signature done. I think one Forum member said that he drove to the factory to pick them up in person and PWK signed them for him right there. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the input, I will show pics of the signature, they are real, I worked for a Klipsch full line dealer back then, they (Klipsch) had a one time offering for full time

employees ,buy any Klipsch product at xyz off list, so I bought the Khorns and I knew the sales rep and asked to get them signed and kind of picked out if you will

by Mr. Klipsch, thats how I got them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, muel said:

Dad was given a ball signed by Babe Ruth when he was a kid. 

My dad did as well, didn't realize who Babe Ruth was and decided to use it at baseball game where it was pretty much destroyed.  Fortunately one of the spectators turned out to be a former baseball player who had a ball signed by the complete 1927 New York Yankees that he decided to trade for the destroyed ball signed by only Babe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drawtheline55 said:

Here are the pics of Mr. Klipsch signature, they were on strips that I can apply to the speakers.

IMG_0716.JPG

IMO, this is not the same as having Klipschorns signed by PWK. We have seen info labels on speakers signed by PWK. This not the same to me and would add no value. This would have the same value to me as a PWK signed cocktail napkin. Cool story for you to share though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drawtheline55 said:

Here are the pics of Mr. Klipsch signature, they were on strips that I can apply to the speakers.

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

the klipsch  Envelope ,  and it's Content does have a Value , as they corroborate the Authenticity of the 2  PWK Signatures  , and the Labels are unused and Intact

whatever you do , do not use these Labels or Lose the Envelope  ,  and keep the Envelope and Labels out of the light , this will avoid yellowing or fading .

• Like 1

I really don't mean to argue or talk badly but PWK simply signed a couple strips of paper for you.  He didn't actually sign your speakers.

If you want to use a baseball analogy, there's a big difference between a Babe Ruth signature on a piece of paper versus a Babe Ruth signature on a game-worn jersey or game-used bat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I really don't mean to argue or talk badly but PWK simply signed a couple strips of paper for you.  He didn't actually sign your speakers.

If you want to use a baseball analogy, there's a big difference between a Babe Ruth signature on a piece of paper versus a Babe Ruth signature on a game-worn jersey or game-used bat.

Maybe he should try putting the Paul W Klipsch signed stickers on the Babe Ruth signed baseball bat. I'm running out of ideas here. I don't want to dash anyone's hopes and dreams, but I think the OG sales rep might have got the better end of the deal here.  Best of wishes. Hope he can get top dollar.

• Haha 1