Have You Ever Painted Your Stereos Nails? Be Honest

MEH Synergy

Whenever I disassemble gear and see what is inside, it is funny to think of the 'mods' made to what you can easily change and see; cables, pucks, isolaters, etc, but what about all of the internal connections, wire and components?

Surely if you need a $10K RCA cable, you must replace everything inside the components.  Redo all solder connections with magic solder, replace all wire with 'audiophile' grade, resistors, caps, inductors, transistors, where do you stop? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Ah yes, THERE is the question. 

I know exactly where they stop; cables, isolation pucks, little bridges to hold cables in the air and magic outlets (they need to hire an electrical to install the outlet).

My point is that external stuff you can see is all changes, but the lion share is never touched by these 'magic' tweaks.  Stevie Wonder said it best, "When you believe in things That you don't understand"

7 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I know exactly where they stop; cables, isolation pucks, little bridges to hold cables in the air and magic outlets (they need to hire an electrical to install the outlet).

My point is that external stuff you can see is all changes, but the lion share is never touched by these 'magic' tweaks.  Stevie Wonder said it best, "When you believe in things That you don't understand"

I'm well aware of all of this you describe and more and won't dabble in it.   However, electrical wise, I do see a benefit to a dedicated outlet especially if there is plenty of shared non audio equipment on the line prior. I have done this in both of my houses as it doesn't cost much. 

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm well aware of all of this you describe and more and won't dabble in it.   However, electrical wise, I do see a benefit to a dedicated outlet especially if there is plenty of shared non audio equipment on the line prior. I have done this in both of my houses as it doesn't cost much.

Dedicated lines from the panel, yes.  Avoids ground loops and plenty of current.

I mean one of these.  The magic receptacle.  Hook this up to the 150 feet of Romex in the wall and everything before your panel and it will fix you up real good!  I figured that they would need an electrician, to turn the breaker off and get the wires correct.

https://www.dedicatedaudio.com/collections/outlets/products/audience-hidden-treasure-high-definition-audiophile-outlet

Re Audience Hidden Treasure outlet. Not only do these guys compete with Tesla and Einstein with their pulsing of electrical currents to “condition” the electrical connections but they delve into metallurgy also. To think they have developed their own “proprietary Rhodium” is very impressive and further proves their competence in all things audio. This, along with technically well written mumbojumbo, leaves me no choice but to place my order. I’ll take half a dozen - 

• Haha 1

If your crossovers aren't rebuilt on a slab of petrified wood using pure copper/silver/gold interconnects soldered with gold and tin alloyed into the lead/silver/indium metal of re-claimed WW2-veteran Pratt & Whitney R-2800 main bearings, it's not worth listening to and you should just stop trying.

Unless you cryotreat everything and then do rituals in the 'sweet spot' listening position every lunar cycle.

LOL IDK...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DirtyErnie said:

... alloyed into the lead/silver/indium metal of re-claimed WW2-veteran Pratt & Whitney R-2800 main bearings ...

From Wikipedia: "The R-2800 was developed and modified into a basic sequence of subtypes, 'A' through 'E' series, each of which indicated major internal and external modifications and improvements, such that the 'E' series engines had very few parts in common with the 'A'."

I wonder which series provides the best interconnects.

• Like 1