WANTED: Pair of K77 tweeters

PistolPete17

On 2/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, PistolPete17 said:

Experimenting with Lascalas with different tweeters and crossovers. Looking for a pair of K77's to rediaphragm with Crites diaphragms to throw into the mix.

Pete 

Are you looking to use the existing K77 mount or are you going to mount them on top or in separate "top hats"? If you are not going to use the original tweeter location, the JBL ST-200 is the closest thing to a K77 from a sonic (and harmonic signature) standpoint, but handles a lot more power. 

The ST-200 has a phenolic diaphram like the K77.

19 hours ago, Curious_George said:

Are you looking to use the existing K77 mount or are you going to mount them on top or in separate "top hats"? If you are not going to use the original tweeter location, the JBL ST-200 is the closest thing to a K77 from a sonic (and harmonic signature) standpoint, but handles a lot more power. 

The ST-200 has a phenolic diaphram like the K77.

I've been playing with both stock placement and "top hats." My Lascalas came from an old school and I'm not sure what they've been through. Main objective is to have newer K77's from a reliability stand point, while not messing with what I have now in the stock K77 sound. Not sure if new diaphragms will sound different.

• 2 weeks later...