Comedies and Records, A forgotten Time

thebes

I feel almost everyone has long since forgotten the role of comedy and the record business. At times it was a large segment of the record business. Every successful comedian you could think of not only did shows, tv appearances, radio shows but put out records.

Today, in a much different form, it continues, with every funny guy (and gal) doing clubs, and tv and radio, but more and more, the whole internet gig.

So what prompted this trip down memory lane you say?

Well it might be these two albums I got from my brother, who got them out of stack of records left behind by one of his tenants.

Never even knew of these when they would have been issued. Pretty cool actually.

comedy6.jpg

• Haha 1

And of course, Lenny Bruce! Had to listen to it with the headphones so my parents wouldn't get wise, and also to understand some of his speed-augmented words

I also have the First Family record by Vaughn Meader, that was a very big deal and then...you know....he also put out a record about LBJ which was not as successful.