Art Appreciation Thread - Post photos of your Art 🖼

Full Range

I had a Dali once but sold it when all the authentication garbage began here in the US.  I had "The Invisible Man," which I found very  interesting.  Picked it up at a gallery in Columbus.  Had the authenticity paperwork but who knows.  Just got freaky so I made a lil money.  Made the decision to just hang my photography work and my rock stuff.  I'm just totally outta room.

So I look for another photo cause I'm putting it together in here and this pops up.  It's been a minute if you eyeball the ticket price.  😂  I was consolidating my old tickets/passes in a box and ran across this ticket.  No idea who signed it until one day a friend piped up at jam nite tellin another lie on me.  It was all about me taking him up to see Tom Petty.  I didn't remember but kinda did. 

Then the story rolled out.  We got there and went down to our seats.  He went in first and we sat down.  Minute later he says isn't that Michael Stanley sitting beside me?  I was clueless so looked down and yea it was him. So?  Well Chris got my ticket and asked him to sign them ,(tourist mode), which he did. The backstory is Michael yelled down to me after that and invited me back for coffee after the show.  Petty/coffee?  24/7, 365.  Petty comes out and sees (he knew Michael was there and where he was sitting) Michael waves and goes up to do a couple numbers.  So Michael tells me he'll see me later on the way out and up.  So yea we, went back and it wasn't til recently it all came back to me.  25 years later he's all excited telling me all about his amazing night.  hahaha  To me it was just another easy drive outta the venue.  :) 

At my age I just look at it a bit differently today.  Two more friends down and just another day on the road.  

Guess I'll have to do something w/tickets/passes/sticky icky passes, picks, slides, sticks and other junk.  lol  No more long stories either, just saw the pic so figured I'd share the concept.  :)

IMG-20210310-185000793-1.jpg

My morning chuckle.  😂  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guess it kinda starts here.  Kinda like my lil shrine in here.  lol

IMG-20220208-171720479.jpg

Left is a first silk screen run from the Hendrix show @ the Fillmore East.  Small spot upper left corner is how I justified keeping it.  Stuck under another one in the stack before it was completely dry  Can't stick that in a window looking like that what would people say?  I mean this guy was a drug addict right??  Pffft..  Under that is an old handwritten backstage pass that started it all.

Stones stuff?  I was being clever when Covid hit so came up w/something my kids would laff about (hopefully) some day.  The single is from the Stones website as is the cloth mask.  Mount it all and frame it?  Yea, I'm outta the box.  Colored vinyl was used on the disc to differentiate on/line & record store sales.  Yellow on one and green on the other.  We all know Mick and his marketing.  Do your research cause I forget which one's which.   lol  :)

Above the turntable is a shot I took of Fee Waybill of the Tubes on their "In Thru The Outdoor" tour.  She was up on a stack of bins and at the end of their last song always jumped down into his arms.  First place the eye sees is her rump the rest just kinda tells the story.  Planned that above the table and couldn't find it but just did so that's done.  It gives me motivation to get up and flip any album that's on the table.  Just have to remember what I'm doing staring or flipping.  😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I believe that poster of Hendrix (or similar) was on the Antiques Road Show and appraised for an extravagant  amount of money.

JJK

Your post prompted me to check on the value of the Dali

Latest price is $12,500 US 

Now that was a great investment 

You won’t believe what I paid for it about 15 years ago 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I believe that poster of Hendrix (or similar) was on the Antiques Road Show and appraised for an extravagant  amount of money.

JJK

I have no idea what the value is and don't care.  It's never going anywhere.  I DO know of ONE from the Columbus show and it's priceless.  It's in the Rock Hall in Cleveland so look for it next time you're there.  VERY few were printed.  I think the magic number was 25.  The booker of the Columbus Hendrix show was comprised of 3 guys who called themselves Tri-Star Productions. My backstage pass was written on a piece of paper and hangs under the Fillmore poster.  

It was Jimi and I was gonna be there by hook or crook.  The old Vets Memorial venue in Columbus sold out in minutes.   I lied thru my teeth kinda to get that pass and it worked.  I mean I dumped trash cans and worked for the local radio station @ the county fair.  The owner of the station went to my church and knew how nuts I was.  Today you'd have to have DNA samples and a retinal eye scan to get back there. 

The Cbus show was March 3rd 1968.  I picked up the Fillmore posters prolly about the 1st of May, 1968.  According to the poster the show was May 10th.  Back in the day silkscreen posters were used.  The Fillmore show had 50 made and put in storefront windows.  They ran out and got 50 more printed and I stole one kinda.  lol  That's how I got it along w/lots with other stuff no one cared about.  There are zero nail holes or marks on mine.  Just that one spot that was still wet when it was stacked.  Everything I have is either locked in a friends gun safe or in my bank safety deposit box.  It doesn't doesn't disappear that way.  lol  Nothing's for sale.  Would be interesting to see what it's all worth though.  Nah, I'm a scrounge and love it.  Free and cheap is always good.  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I have no idea what the value is and don't care.  It's never going anywhere.  I DO know of ONE from the Columbus show and it's priceless.  It's in the Rock Hall in Cleveland so look for it next time you're there.  VERY few were printed.  I think the magic number was 25.  The booker of the Columbus Hendrix show was comprised of 3 guys who called themselves Tri-Star Productions. My backstage pass was written on a piece of paper and hangs under the Fillmore poster.  

It was Jimi and I was gonna be there by hook or crook.  The old Vets Memorial venue in Columbus sold out in minutes.   I lied thru my teeth kinda to get that pass and it worked.  I mean I dumped trash cans and worked for the local radio station @ the county fair.  The owner of the station went to my church and knew how nuts I was.  Today you'd have to have DNA samples and a retinal eye scan to get back there. 

The Cbus show was March 3rd 1968.  I picked up the Fillmore posters prolly about the 1st of May, 1968.  According to the poster the show was May 10th.  Back in the day silkscreen posters were used.  The Fillmore show had 50 made and put in storefront windows.  They ran out and got 50 more printed and I stole one kinda.  lol  That's how I got it along w/lots with other stuff no one cared about.  There are zero nail holes or marks on mine.  Just that one spot that was still wet when it was stacked.  Everything I have is either locked in a friends gun safe or in my bank safety deposit box.  It doesn't doesn't disappear that way.  lol  Nothing's for sale.  Would be interesting to see what it's all worth though.  Nah, I'm

a scrounge and love it.  Free and cheap is always good.  :)

I believe they said the poster was worth from $12,000 to $20,000

JJK

• Thanks 2

@JJkizak that sounds good.  Thanks!  :)  That will never leave my wall.  I got rid of a couple signed smaller cardstock photos that were signed for 5k each.  You know how attorneys are.  lol   Tower records printed them up.  They went up on an online auction run by a friend of a friend in LA.  Didn't hurt me too badly cause I've got 32 left.  hahaha  Hoarding can be a good thing.  

• Like 1