Art Appreciation Thread - Post photos of your Art 🖼

Full Range

I won this unique print on a forum auction used to raise money for charity 

Wolf Print from original Painting by Carole A. Thompson

The wolf Cerridwen is a female and was born in April, 1994. She comes from an unusual line of breeding in that she is friendlier than most wolves. She was painted by Carol Thompson, a very talented local (Arizona) artist who specializes in wolves and Native Americans. The original photo that she painted from is a picture of Cerridwen with her paws on the top of her den box peeking over the top

wolf2.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

You know you want to do it

Now you have challenged me. Well, art refers not only to pictures, we know that. Everything can be art and the artistic value is always in the eye of the beholder.

Often attached to works of art are small stories, memories and achievements that one associates with it. Memories are awakened and alive. I have brought me from Bali this picture, it was a street painter in Denpasar, the capital of Bali, his pictures showed and sold. The batik painter is called Agung Petulu. We talked for a long time about his classic Balinese way of painting. It is a picture from the Gods and Mythens saga. A monkey prince is asking for the hand of a princess. The longer you look at this picture, the more loving details you see.

Bali2.thumb.jpg.c444759b1515d1deb3c86f13aa2ac7ed.jpg

• Like 5

This painting is called " the human machine " . Each circle shows a part of the earth. All people on all earth parts are seeking  for the same goals and function according to the same principles. In  addition it should clarify the dependence of the people (through the interlocking) on different earth parts.. It is painted with metal oil colors and oil. Artist .. myself !

Menschmaschinekleiner.thumb.jpg.0a87133bb6b22783e6f4c7dbaa885aff.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

This painting is called " the human machine " . Each circle shows a part of the earth. All people on all earth parts are seeking  for the same goals and function according to the same principles. In  addition it should clarify the dependence of the people (through the interlocking) on different earth parts.. It is painted with metal oil colors and oil. Artist .. myself !

Menschmaschinekleiner.thumb.jpg.0a87133bb6b22783e6f4c7dbaa885aff.jpg

Well done mate 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This picture hangs on the staircase to the attic. I have brought it with me from Hong Kong. I was there on business very much on the road. It shows the skyline of Tsim Tsa Tsui and is an oil painting. I framed it in a glas frame. I bought it from the street painter " Emil ". This showed his paintings in a waterfront area of Hong Kong.

hongkong.thumb.jpg.598b059d755b9acd7b904dc6cab84a17.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 9:20 AM, MicroMara said:

This picture hangs on the staircase to the attic. I have brought it with me from Hong Kong. I was there on business very much on the road. It shows the skyline of Tsim Tsa Tsui and is an oil painting. I framed it in a glas frame. I bought it from the street painter " Emil ". This showed his paintings in a waterfront area of Hong Kong.

hongkong.thumb.jpg.598b059d755b9acd7b904dc6cab84a17.jpg

I really like that... I have this pic from HK on my office wall.

2022-05-01_10-05-51.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

I really like that... I have this pic from HK on my office wall.

2022-05-01_10-05-51.jpg

Memories that last a lifetime, like data on a hard disk. You only have to remember and the images of the past are alive again.

Same with my visits at Hong-Kong´s Victoria Peak by day and at night. Even the journey to Victoria Peak was an experience with the tram

940252682_victoriapeaktramkleiner.thumb.jpg.8330c3e52cee53f1ba4612f23d90880a.jpg

2128357037_victoriapeakkleiner.thumb.jpg.5ccce646cc3ede2834a7aaa43e6a707f.jpg

• Like 3

Your painting reminded me of of a shot I took several years ago.  I was working in rural SW China and would stay over in Hong Kong for a few days on my way home - dazzling city, especially in contrast with the remote areas of China.

26093A93-21A2-4A25-BD4E-A49FB5DF88CB.jpeg

2588D1C2-CAB4-405A-82C2-314626E3DA04.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, sputnik said:

Your painting reminded me of of a shot I took several years ago.  I was working in rural SW China and would stay over in Hong Kong for a few days on my way home - dazzling city, especially in contrast with the remote areas of China.

26093A93-21A2-4A25-BD4E-A49FB5DF88CB.jpeg

2588D1C2-CAB4-405A-82C2-314626E3DA04.jpeg

Yes , wonderful

• Like 1