Tubes Rule, He says.

Shiva

Went to a Magnolia today and gave a listen to some  B&W 802 Diamonds, powered by a pair of 500 watt Mcintosh Monos,  Mac preamp, SVS SB16 Ultra sub, a $3200 dollar power conditioner, forgot the brand name.  They had Tidal and played a couple of songs I listen to regularly, one being from The Marias, Hush.    The sub distorted and had to turn it down,  the sound of this system on the two tracks I heard, nothing to write home about.    Not selling my Epics, powered by a Crown K2 for em. 🤘  Later.   

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, Shiva said:

Went to a Magnolia today and gave a listen to some  B&W 802 Diamonds, powered by a pair of 500 watt Mcintosh Monos,  Mac preamp, SVS SB16 Ultra sub, a $3200 dollar power conditioner, forgot the brand name.  They had Tidal and played a couple of songs I listen to regularly, one being from The Marias, Hush.    The sub distorted and had to turn it down,  the sound of this system on the two tracks I heard, nothing to write home about.    Not selling my Epics, powered by a Crown K2 for em. 🤘  Later.   

Well that is disappointing.  I was thinking of buying that subwoofer to go with my Corn IV.

45 minutes ago, Thunderball said:

Well that is disappointing.  I was thinking of buying that subwoofer to go with my Corn IV.

Lol, well, I wouldn’t make any definitive decisions based on a bum note from that one particular sub.. A cool thing about SVS is their nice return policy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shiva said:

Lol, well, I wouldn’t make any definitive decisions based on a bum note from that one particular sub.. A cool thing about SVS is their nice return policy. 

Or from a setup in a store, no matter how high end they are (or aren't).

• Like 1