ProMedia Need to replace subwoofer drivers

m00n

Hi all... 

My Promedia setup is OLD!  Back when they first came out.  The foam around subwoofer drivers has started to crumble away.  So, I'd like to replace the drivers.   Are there recommendations on which drivers to replace them with?  Stock?  Or is there something better than stock?  Also, what size exactly are those drivers?  They look like they are 6"?

41 minutes ago, m00n said:

Hi all... 

My Promedia setup is OLD!  Back when they first came out.  The foam around subwoofer drivers has started to crumble away.  So, I'd like to replace the drivers.   Are there recommendations on which drivers to replace them with?  Stock?  Or is there something better than stock?  Also, what size exactly are those drivers?  They look like they are 6"?

there's an open box  Promedia 2.1   for 60$ --Best offer is around 45$  , plus shipping 20$ , that's pretty good  the woofer alone is 35$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304271347162?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3Dd0f0082ff6b74918bc6bcf2d0d34a08d%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D165315827558%26itm%3D304271347162%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2334524%26brand%3DKlipsch&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275150299220?epid=26046967439&hash=item40103c6054:g:lxUAAOSwCaJh-aXl&autorefresh=true

• Like 1

What about upgrade option though?  Are there recommended upgrade drivers?  I was looking at options over at Parts express.  This is the only driver that came up when filtering for 6" Subwoofer driver.

https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-components/hi-fi-woofers-subwoofers-midranges-tweeters/subwoofer-drivers/nominaldiameter/6

I have to think there are other options besides this one single driver. 

Hey 001... I meant just the driver.  Hate to toss out a perfectly working unit (other than woofer drivers). :)  
I don't know if this is true or not, but, I've heard that the new Promedia's don't sound as good as the original ones.  Have you heard this before?  

I dunno... Maybe I should just buy a new set... The set I have is actually the 4.1 set. I don't need the extra two speakers anyway. Never really did. 

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Had the same set, don't know where it went either.

Like socks in the wash it just vanished.

LOL... How do you loose a 4.1 pro media set?  The wires are 5 miles long, are unruly and make a mess.  Should be easy to find. 😁

17 minutes ago, m00n said:

LOL... How do you loose a 4.1 pro media set?  The wires are 5 miles long, are unruly and make a mess.  Should be easy to find. 😁

Put in storage never to return. Likely one of my kids or their friends found them interesting.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone  it seem that many of us  would like to know the replacement driver for our bass box please  inform If there's  a replacement size and where to find them . Because use my be good but most likely will  break also.  Thank you.