New Cars, no CD player, what are you doing?

Coytee

Looking at a 2022 Camry or Accord for the wife.  Thus far, it doesn't appear that there is any CD player in there.  

Just wondering what your work around is?

I don't put any tunes onto my phone nor she hers...  Right now, I'm guessing my only course of action would be to use my Ipod and just plug it into the HDMI port.  Any other work arounds?  Right now it's a bit frustrating as neither dealer has had one on their lot to even look at.  I've owned an Accord before and currently have a Camry so both are fine, based on history.

it would just be nice to be able to sit and see how it feels today... sigh.  And, I don't really love the idea of carrying an Ipod around however to the defense of the Ipod, it's much easier AND much wider choice, than carrying a stack of CD's.  Heck, I can even copy the music off of various concerts...

Maybe the Ipod *is* my best answer.

• Haha 1

Bluetooth from phone via pandora, Amazon HD, Spotify, whatever you like. It's 2022 friend 😀.  There is no hdmi port in cars.   It would be a usbin many cars.   You can load a USB drive with music of your liking and browse through the menu as long as it is a common audio type.    Good Luck on the hunt.   Have a 2021 accord hybrid myself and I've been quite impressed with it so far (thinking I would hate it prior to purchase and test drive).  41 mpg consistently (mostly highway miles) and no, I don't drive it like many people think of when they picture a hypermile prius driver. 

Looking at a 2022 Camry or Accord for the wife.  Thus far, it doesn't appear that there is any CD player in there.  

I don't put any tunes onto my phone nor she hers...  Right now, I'm guessing my only course of action would be to use my Ipod and just plug it into the HDMI port.  Any other work arounds?  Right now it's a bit frustrating as neither dealer has had one on their lot to even look at.  I've owned an Accord before and currently have a Camry so both are fine, based on history.

it would just be nice to be able to sit and see how it feels today... sigh.  And, I don't really love the idea of carrying an Ipod around however to the defense of the Ipod, it's much easier AND much wider choice, than carrying a stack of CD's.  Heck, I can even copy the music off of various concerts...

Maybe the Ipod *is* my best answer.

Arkansasrocks.com. via Bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiriusXM. I can't explain why, but I still like having somebody pick the music for me when I am driving. Especially on long trips. Can't wait to see what is next.

I was skeptical when I first had a free year with SiriusXM but have grown to really like the programming. Though I was never a huge Tom Petty fan the Tom Petty station has a good bunch of interesting guest DJs and really cool stories about music and the business. On a drive between Michigan and Maryland I caught a 1 hour show hosted by Wayne Coyne (Flaming Lips) I didn't want it to end, it was just fascinating. Seemed to last 15 minutes and I actually enjoyed the drive that day.

2 hours ago, rplace said:

SiriusXM. I can't explain why, but I still like having somebody pick the music for me when I am driving. Especially on long trips.

Pandora and Spotify do the same for free and personally, I did not find the SQ on satellite radio much better than Bluetooth from either, although I did like the content.... Options are always good. 

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

W H A T.....? nO CD player?

I just checked around and there's no new cars with cassette or 8-track tape either 🤣

What's the world coming to?

• Haha 4

When the factory CASSETTE stereo in my '95 Saturn crapped out, I replaced it with a Sony unit that accepted a USB drive or an iPod, either of which was inserted and concealed behind the hinged faceplate. You have to make sure your computer can convert the CD to a Sony compatible file format, which of course my Mac did.

The only catch is, you have to go out to your car and retrieve the iPod/USB drive whenever you want to add more music. Currently I must have over 30 CD's loaded on my thumb drive and have no idea if I'm anywhere near the drive's capacity.

The unit cost only a hundred bucks purchased from Crutchfield, and it works like a charm (Yes; I'm still driving that '95 Saturn!)

I might be worth it to just replace the stock unit when you get the car.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

my 2013 Camaro SS doesn't have a CD player. I found that odd when I bought it 8 years ago but as mentioned Tidal, Spotify, etc via bluetooth is great as is a thumb drive loaded with music files. I like physical media but it's a pain in the car

I love the thumb drive but I think that the new cars do not have these.