ELECTRO-VOICE MARQUIS SPEAKERS HARRIMAN, TN $2000

chassell

Yeah they're nice looking (thanks for posting).  Lotta weird about them, though (but one can say that about everything cobbled from mono that's that old).  Specifically, the guts scream kit, but the grille frames are factory and not the kit (talking molding).  Stuff happens in production and there are shipment urgencies but EV make zillions of 12's in those years.  My guess is the guy started factory single-driver, swapped his SP12B's for the Stephens later and eventually added the Univ upgrade expansion "kits" for the rest.  Of the 3 revs of Marquis, this rev most closely-resembles the Rebel/Shorthorn concept PWK hatched.  EV introduced the dual slits first in the Empires (and named them Bilinear Lenticular Slots and marketed "BLS"--that bit rings of Mr. Howard Souther).  No support straps on the horns (maybe for cost by then, who knows).  No images of the pots.  Respectfully, there's no way on a good day with a tailwind that they hit 106.  They would sound positively lovely on a lot of stuff given some amp synergy and WAF would seem good for many.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Godataloss said:

I have a pair of these cabinets in the garage I was going to try to shoehorn 15trx's in.  Add to the list of ill-advised shit I'll probably never get around to.

I just now bought a lot more equipment and I have agreed to buy more. It wouldn't take much to score the 12" from me. Knowing that shipping isn't free, to help out, I will price them accordingly.