Building new home Theater

Mallow81

Hello! I am new to this forum.
So I've spent the last 3 weeks researching and have gotten close to a decision.
I have already purchased the Denon AVR-x4700h. (Replaced my Onkyo TX-NR656)
My current 5.1 is the Energy Take Classic 5.1 (total 500$ when purchased).

I am looking to first upgrade my front sound stage (L,C,R) + Sub. The Take Classic bookshelf speakers work quite well as satellites and Atmos and they will do until I get more money.
My budget is under 1500$. Unfortunately, I am in Japan where prices are much higher and availability is much lower. There are also no places to go and demo / listen to any home theater speakers in Okinawa. So based on research and (highly limited) available options I've been able to narrow my purchase options to the following:

Klipsch
R-610F
R-25C
R-12W
(Total Cost: 1110USD)

OR:

Polk Signature Elite
ES50
ES35 --could go with the ES30 {it is 100$ cheaper here}, but I hear the dialogue is clearer with the 35, and I can use crossover to reduce the distortion from the bass
R-12W (the PSW10 is only 50$ cheaper but I don't think it matches the ability of the R-12w)
(Total Cost: 1400USD)

OR:

JBL STAGE
A190
A125C
SUB A100P
(Total Cost: 1320USD)

Can someone give me their experience with these speakers? Or any comparison between the options?
There are so many haters against the Klipsch Reference series as being too bright, ear piercing, and the R-25C having muddy dialogue.  But I see so many people have them for home theaters (and the RP series is too expensive for me to be able to justify to my wife... hahaha)
NOTE: Please do not recommend other speakers, they are not an option based on price / availability here.
Thank you so much!!

Edited by Mallow81
Updated the options / costs
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum,

Of the speakers you have listed I have only heard the Klipsch R-610F. My father made some changes to his media room and wanted to change his front three speakers in a 5.2.2 setup. I was able to find a good deal on the R-610F so I purchased three for his LCR speakers. After setup and calibration I cannot believe how good they sound considering the money spent. I set the crossovers to 80hz so anything below that goes to his subs. Sounds great.

Hopefully others will chime in that have heard the Polk of JBL systems you mentioned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loudogp250 said:

Welcome to the forum,

Of the speakers you have listed I have only heard the Klipsch R-610F. My father made some changes to his media room and wanted to change his front three speakers in a 5.2.2 setup. I was able to find a good deal on the R-610F so I purchased three for his LCR speakers. After setup and calibration I cannot believe how good they sound considering the money spent. I set the crossovers to 80hz so anything below that goes to his subs. Sounds great.

Hopefully others will chime in that have heard the Polk of JBL systems you mentioned.

Thank you so much for the reply! 
In the form ASR, they are all saying to stay away from Klipsch but I really see so many people with them.  I am so frustrated that I can't go somewhere to listen to them. 

Have you heard the R-12w or any of the centers by chance?  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mallow81 said:

In the form ASR, they are all saying to stay away from Klipsch but I really see so many people with them.  I am so frustrated that I can't go somewhere to listen to them. 

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner. Will take the member 

above word for the 610fs sounding good.

Klipsch has dealers around about. Tell us where you are located generally so we can check on a demo. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Klipsch has dealers around about. Tell us where you are located generally so we can check on a demo. 

Thanks!

I live in Okinawa, Japan.  There are no stores here that offer demos / listening of any home theater speakers.   that's why I'm having to do so much research and questions to those that own for their opinions. 

1 minute ago, Mallow81 said:

I live in Okinawa, Japan.  There are no stores here that offer demos / listening of any home theater speakers.   that's why I'm having to do so much research and questions to those that own for their opinions. 

That helps! Hope you can get your questions answered here.

It may not help much but, look for Klipsch videos on Youtube while waiting... Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 6:10 PM, Mallow81 said:

Sorry, I have not heard the R-12.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:51 PM, billybob said:

Thanks!

Here is the states I was able to purchase three R-610f speakers for $267 from Adorama. They are good for $89 a speaker. Nothing compared to the Heritage line or RP but a good entry point for Klipsch. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loudogp250 said:

Here is the states I was able to purchase three R-610f speakers for $267 from Adorama. They are good for $89 a speaker. Nothing compared to the Heritage line or RP but a good entry point for Klipsch. 

Nice! Yes OP I hope is garnering enough information to make a decision he can live with. Thanks!

• Like 1