Open Box Klipsch r-112sw from Crutchfield $352.52 Shipped on eBay Right Now

jjptkd

Crutchfield has these on special right now open box with full factory warranty and 60 day return policy for $388 shipped after taxes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193461462922?epid=217323951&hash=item2d0b33a78a:g:3vMAAOSwIIJeuhAq

I know these have a reputation for short plate lives but for the price seems like its worth checking out. 

So I got my sub in and hooked up yesterday spent a few hours listening / playing around with it and honestly it is working out better than I could have imagined.. I have the crossover set at 50hz and running my mains full range. I set the gain on the sub at 1/2 volume but doing a calibration check on my Pre had to dial it back 2db to match the mains. One of the nice things about the sub is it's small enough to fit in my TV stand / stereo rack so takes up no extra room and bass seems evenly centered between my speakers. The sub blends perfectly with my speakers and just fills in rounds out the bottom end without drawing attention to itself. I haven't had a chance to really turn it up too much will play with it more this week but so far I'm very happy with it.

• Like 3

It’s interesting to hear how the new sub is working out. I believe  full range has its place , I’ve always  cringed at the thought of removing quality  efficient bass from giant speakers .I’ve found that when running full range ,even at high levels ,where  the subwoofer may  no longer be able to keep up , it will  continue to seamlessly add  to the lower bass , just not enough to fully keep up , but it’s actually pretty  hard to identify the point where it can no longer keep up . I think the soft clipping feature helps in this regard , and the fact that the mains are not restricted in any way. 🤓

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom05 said:

It’s interesting to hear how the new sub is working out. I believe  full range has its place , I’ve always  cringed at the thought of removing quality  efficient bass from giant speakers .

Yes I love the bass capabilities of the 15" k-48's-- with my old Carver 275 tube amp I did not feel the need for a sub at all my speakers growled something fierce but with these newer Class D amps the bass magic all but disappeared. The sub really does bring it back to satisfying levels again. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well thought I'd update this thread the sub auto-on feature quit working Saturday after a couple of days of slow starts. At first I had to turn the stereo up pretty loud to get the sub to turn on and then back down to normal listening levels which was annoying but then it just quit turning on all together. Luckily Crutchfield has a 60 day return policy so I ended up just shipping it back yesterday for a refund. The sub was actually quite impressive for the price and my plan was to keep it long term but having a failure like this so quickly really does not justify keeping it in my mind. Of course receiving my long awaited RSL Speedwoofer 10 made that decision easy. 

20220329_111750.jpg

20220329_111818.jpg

20220329_111833.jpg

Yep, nothing but crap in the box unfortunately.  I bought a Klipsch KSW-15 many years ago and paid top dollar for it and it was junk.  Sorry but subwoofers are not Klipsch's forte' (pun intended).  I stick with Velodyne as they have a more solid subwoofer reputation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

Sorry but subwoofers are not Klipsch's forte' (pun intended). 

Their RSW line were quite impressive from 2000-2005? I know a few people that are running them still no problems and they are one of the best subs for music that I've ever heard. The r-112sw actually performed alright, suited my current needs anyway its a shame the plate amps are such junk.  

• Like 1