Forte IV Grill Issues

michaelwjones

I bought a pair of Forte IVs 2 months ago to tide me over until I find my 'horns and this is what the grills look like today. Yes, new in the box A stock in a climate controlled listening room.

Anyone else having issues with their Forte IV grills puckering? Just curious. I thought I read something, somewhere about this, but can't locate it today. 

Interestingly, if you go to the Klipsch website, in a photograph towards to bottom in the Forte IV section, the grill in the black ash speaker looks (to me) to be sagging into the speaker cutouts.

$5K retail speakers shouldn't do this.

Mike

Forte IV - 1.jpeg

Forte IV - 2.jpeg

I just purchase a set of new Forte III's  on sale (distressed oak, lambswool linen grills) (love-em so far!).  Don't know if your grills are lambswool, but there's an instruction card that states "...remove the grills from the speaker and simply dampen the grill cloth with water from a spray bottle. This will restore the cloth to its original tension.  The material may be more sensitive in dryer environments, requiring more maintenance".    (I'd use a very fin mister bottle, those grille supports are not "waterproof").    How do those sheep keep from shrinking up out in the rain...

Edited by carnc1
  • Like 1

When I went to demo the Cornwall IV at a local dealer the grills looked like that too. I told the salesman... I guess kids have been messing with these? He said no, they come like that for a retro look. What!? I tried not to laugh. I ended up buying my pair from Cory at Paducah and the grills are perfect so far.

So it looks like this happens on occasion, so definitely inform your dealer or Klipsch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same issue with one, it arrived that way.  I believe there is somewhat of quality control or process issue with these grilles. I contacted Klipsch Heritage Team, we'll see if they stand behind their product. On the other hand, they sound fantastic in my listening room!