2022 Reference Premiere pricing - is this the new norm?

amheck

I've been watching Slickdeals for some good sales on the Ref Premiere line and its been quiet lately, outside of the piano black models on sale recently.

I contacted Safe and Sound, just to see what they could do and got these prices:

rp-8000f $600 each

rp-600m $450/pair

rp-504c $550 each

and this compared with the common sale price in 2021:

rp-8000f $400 each

rp-600m $350/pair

rp-504c $420 each

I'm just wondering if this is the new normal for these speakers, or if I should hold out.  I'm getting itchy to buy something but also really like getting a solid deal.  I'm just not sure if Klipsch has had a price increase (or several) like anyone else and this is as good as its getting anytime soon.

Any thought on these latest prices?

There are a host of forces driving extraordinary amounts of inflation, Covid (still) shipping, some say flooding the market with massive Covid payments, and most of all, people simply allowing themselves to be charged more for everything. 

My amp on my 9.2 system went, and because of inflation I decided to sell 4 of my speakers, run my remaining 5 off my AVR.  

I think more consumers need to start saying no to higher prices.

Prices are ridiculous on everything right now.  I'm glad I quit my job last month and decided to just run my own business, full time, from home (fuel is also expensive).  The gov pay increases do not keep up with inflation, nor the area I live in, but they want to work you for it.  At this point, I'm waiting for crashes to make some big purchases.  :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Contact Paducah Home Theater. He's a member here.  Enough said. 

Why anyone would buy new Klipsch speakers from any Klipsch Authorized dealer besides Paduacah Home Theater is beyond me. They have great customer service, incredible inventory and amazing prices. Saved me thousands on my Forte IVs and they arrived quickly, on a pallet and in perfect new condition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, amheck said:

I appreciate the post.  At this time I think I'm sticking with rp8000f (or tekton double impact) whichever come up for sale locally first

No problem at all I completely understand I know logistics can be an issue…. Good luck with your search and finding a good deal as well

• Like 2