KPT-942/4 Sold

nickyboy6100

On 2/17/2022 at 2:08 PM, nickyboy6100 said:

Specs are on the net. They weigh around 250lbs. each.  I drove 16 hours round trip to pick them up. Rented a Uhaul 5x8 enclosed trailer which made things a piece of cake. I’ve driven further for Klipsch speakers.🤪

That's right and to the person willing to drive goes the spoils. You can wait a lifetime for these to be at a convenient distance. U Ship has handled some larger speakers I have sold at a reasonable price and transported with care to the buyer.

• Like 1

I just wanted to give a shout out to Nickboy6100! Typical Hoosier hospitality second to none!  He was a gracious host and knowledgeable fellow Klipsch enthusiast! Speakers are in immaculate shape and the 402 horn doesn't disappoint!  I eventually decided not to purchase because they weren't going to work in my room and tube equipment.  Those 8 - 15" drivers need room to breathe and lots of power to drive them.  I think Nickboy6100 price is fair compared to if you tried to buy this equipment new.  I think it's a great deal for someone!  Those 415LF bass bins are huge! Thanks again Nickboy6100 it was a great time and chatting about all things Audio!  frt8dog!   

• Like 2

I can see tube amps not being enough. I have run a set just like that in my shop with a Crown XLI800 set at half way or 100 watts output per channel and it would be way to loud for my taste. All things considered those are very efficient speakers and sip wattage for prodigious output. To bad they did not work for you as they are audio monsters and rarely come up.

I think those bass bins were rated maybe 1600 watts? I would hate to be anywhere near them at those levels.

• Like 1

I'll chime in on this. Tube amps can and will work on these speakers.  I have used lower Powe class A amps and a tube amp as well. Either will easily drive you out of the room before clipping.  I would think if you have a tube amp with very low damping factor, the bass might be less than satisfactory however. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:50 AM, Gnote said:

Those are impressive !

I've never heard those bass bins but I would love to hear them someday .

Anybody who has heard K402's will tell you how magical they are.

GLWS 

Was the first time your heard K-402's at my house in Indy?

On 2/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, nickyboy6100 said:

I was lucky enough to find a pair of MWM’s from a forum member. I just don’t have the room to keep both. I am still kicking myself for listing them. 

You are better off with horn bass. MWM's are one of the best woofer sections ever built by Klipsch, period!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Anyone that drives for Klipsch speakers has to be a little nutty  :ph34r:

Darned right. I would never do anything that foolish.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You are better off with horn bass. MWM's are one of the best woofer sections ever built by Klipsch, period!

He needs SUPER MWMs and then he can get rid of all the various setups. See in the end with disposal of all the rest of his gear he will actually be saving space.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Was the first time your heard K-402's at my house in Indy?

@ClaudeJ1Yes ..... It was an expensive day 

I was there to purchase your Lab 12 .I got to hear the THT that you had already sold and it was impressive.

We went upstairs and listened and I was blown away by the pair of DTS10's you had. Decided at that time I was going to get some one Day. I finally got one several years later but still would like another one.

The K402's Well......... I was mesmerized !  I had my MCM 1900's for a short period of time and nothing even came close until I heard the K402's . My jaw hit the ground and I drooled so much you joked about getting Lobster bibs for the next time you Demo'd your system.

Like @Dave A says .Blame it on Claude well that day has cost me about 4K so far and will probably end up closer to 5K in speakers alone , never mind crossovers , amps ,etc 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gnote said:

Blame it on Claude well that day has cost me about 4K so far and will probably end up closer to 5K in speakers alone , never mind crossovers , amps ,etc 

Only 5 Grand? You got away CHEAP! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Coytee said:

They look great.  

Anyone that drives for Klipsch speakers has to be a little nutty  :ph34r:

A little? It actually borders on insanity!

Circa 2005-6, I drove my Mercury Sable to Connecticut from Michigan go buy a pair of Chorus II's for $350 from a guy motivated by divorce! They occupied the front passenger and back seat of my car. On the way back, a huge rainstorm left a million people without power. All the motels were booked, so I had to get in the trunk to nap so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel the rest of the way home! I also discovered the "5-hour Energy drink" at that time.

In 2013, I briefly lived in Indianapolis, where I designed and built my Quarter Pies to go underneath my K-402's, which still needed subs for HT, so I bought one DTS-10 from Iowa, and the other from Pennsylvania! This is the setup that Gnote heard and drooled over.

You guys that don't drive at least 5 states away to get used Klipsch are a bunch of Road Wimps!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

A little? It actually borders on insanity!

Circa 2005-6, I drove my Mercury Sable to Connecticut from Michigan go buy a pair of Chorus II's for $350 from a guy motivated by divorce! They occupied the front passenger and back seat of my car. On the way back, a huge rainstorm left a million people without power. All the motels were booked, so I had to get in the trunk to nap so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel the rest of the way home! I also discovered the "5-hour Energy drink" at that time.

In 2013, I briefly lived in Indianapolis, where I designed and built my Quarter Pies to go underneath my K-402's, which still needed subs for HT, so I bought one DTS-10 from Iowa, and the other from Pennsylvania! This is the setup that Gnote heard and drooled over.

You guys that don't drive at least 5 states away to get used Klipsch are a bunch of Road Wimps!!

So what are you saying Claude? I am only driving to Jacksonville for speakers Monday so three states at best. I think I will go hang my wimpy head in shame now. ;D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

So what are you saying Claude? I am only driving to Jacksonville for speakers Monday so three states at best. I think I will go hang my wimpy head in shame now. ;D

Dave, 

Its your fault I’m in this situation. Once I heard the SMWM’s, it was over for me. I think the MWM’s are the next best thing. The KPT-942 are very close. 

• Haha 2