SOLD Walnut Belles

MookieStl

Up for sale. Pair of Walnut Belles from 1988. Very good condition, a couple flaws on the tops but not much. Great looking for their age. Sound a good as they look. I have two pair and need to cull the herd. (also two pair of LSi and three pair of Heresy.....)

Crites CT125 tweeter

Atlas PD-5VH mid (K500 horn)

Eminence Kappa 15C woofers

Crites A-4500 x over.

Located in St. Louis. Local Pick up preferred, but I can ship if you arrange. Can even palletize and ship from dock high if that helps!

$2,950    Wonderful speakers.

B1.jpg

b5.jpg

• Like 4

• MookieStl changed the title to FS Walnut Belles
8 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Those are the one and only Heritage line speaker that I’ve not owned yet.
One day, one day. O. Sorry I was dreaming out loud. Lol
To bad I’m down here in Florida.

Raod trip.

No joke, if I didn't already have a pair, these would be mine.  

The wood pattern is great, plus the upgrades / updates.... and they are Belle Klipsch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Raod trip.

No joke, if I didn't already have a pair, these would be mine.  

The wood pattern is great, plus the upgrades / updates.... and they are Belle Klipsch. 

Come on, you've been looking for an excuse to get back into my shop. This is it. You can visit your receiver while here.

28 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Tempting, very tempting... those are beautiful! My wife would probably even say so. 😉

After your MWMs, she would be relived, too. I used to tell people Belles are for LS lovers that listen with their eyes open. That was before the started making pretty LS!

• MookieStl changed the title to SOLD Walnut Belles

Not as carefully as one might suspect. First mod was getting rid of the AB x-over. The speakers were 30 years old and putting new caps on AB's did not seem worthwhile. I went with the 4500 based on discussions with several member here and with Bob Crites. This move also made replacing the K77 necessary. That was a very distinct improvement in overall clarity. I cannot be sure if it was due to getting rid of the AB, having new caps, the new tweeters or a combination of all three, but it was a nice update. The other changes were due to the fact that I ended up with a pair of absolutely beat to hell LaScalas that I was going to bring back to life and needed more parts. I wanted the Belles to have the newer components so I put the old drivers into the LS and the Belles got the Altas driver and the Kappa 15C. The older K55M and K33 went into the LS. The mid driver did not make much of a change that I could hear. The new woofer seemed a bit more clear and blended a little better with mids. The K77, the K55M and the K33 all still live on in my LS that I use in my warehouse or outside functions and they all still sound great. I added a AA xover with new caps to the mix. 

• Thanks 1