Hi all!  

Long time Klipsch fan, first time poster....lol.  I caught the "bug" working at a local CT based HI FI store in High school in the 80's.  From then on, my Realistic System just didn't cut it....We carried Klipsch, B&O, Polk, Luxman, Carver, Nakamichi, Yamaha etc., and a few others.  Of course running the K-horns off a Carver amp playing the then "new" CD's and rattling pizza trays off the walls of the business next door was a weekly event.  I learned some great Greek swears when they all came running into the store to find us in the "big room" with it cranked up.  I've owned quite a few Klipsch speakers, including some of the newer stuff for surround, and oldies like Corwall 1's in birch (which I veneered in oak), and currently own a pair of 1985 Heresy's in oiled oak, and a newly acquired set of Chorus 2's my buddy owned and had stored in abasement for the last 12/13 years.  I'm come a long way on the resto of those, including Ti tweeters, a lot of cabinet work, rebuilding and veneering the stands, and rebuilding the crossovers.  They sound great.  I have to re-cone one of the drones, so I ordered kits to do both so they match. One of them had significant holes and some surround tearing.  I glued it up for now and they seem good to go.  I just finished the cabinets with Tung oil, they look great.  Currently driving them with Luxman M-02/C-02 and they sound fantastic.  

IMG_4802.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome, sounds like you had a dream job at the audio store . I miss that time, it was a great time for the home audio enthusiast , I loved going in and actually being able to listen and compare dozens of speakers , amps and  brands . I bought lots of stuff back then , nowadays we have to pretty much take someone’s word for everything , no fun in that .

• Like 1

Hi all, yes still in CT, although HI Fi Stereo house is long gone.  I do still have a bunch of equipment from them - we were able to buy trade ins on the cheap!  I did the passive cone replacement (from Simply Speakers) this weekend, pretty easy job and looks exactly as the original did.  Sounds as it should also.  I weighed the weights in there as I had read some people were asking what they were, for anybody who finds this post, with the cone end, and wax/weights intact, they weighed 45.27 grams.  I figured the cone and wax to weigh about a gram or so, safe to say the weights were ~ 44 grams.  

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

B310E229-D0D8-4543-A316-8C60B9AA493C_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by Mark Z
added "before" pic
  • Like 3