SOLD OUT KLIPSCHORN AK6 CHERRY S/N 001 AND 002, USED IN KLIPSCH HERITAGE BROCHURE SOLD OUT

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

Click here to purchase

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History is going to hold a drawing, currently scheduled for the evening of Saturday, March 12th for some historic AK6 Cherry  Klipschorns. Rather than auction or sell them, the Museum has decided to make the chance of owning them available to EVERYONE by have a drawing.

The number of tickets is strictly limited, and once they are gone they are gone. You need not be present to win, but if you are not at the event to take them with you, you will have 90 days after the drawing to come and pick them up in Hope, Arkansas. 

Tickets are $25.00 each, or 5 tickets for $100.00. 

About these speakers. These are essentially "new" and in the boxes. These were the first pair ever made, along with a pair in black and a pair in walnut, and they were sent to Indianapolis for a commercial photo shoot for the Klipsch Heritage Brochure. They were unboxed, photographed, boxed back up. They were then donated to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History were they remained boxed up until recently when they were unboxed to check the rear labels. They will be boxed and all ready to go for the winner to take home with them either immediately after the drawing, or within 90 days.  

They have NEVER been hooked up, other than to be tested at the factory like every other pair of Heritage speakers. 

Tickets are $25.00 each, or 5 for $100.00

To purchase tickets go here: https://klipschmuseum.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/klipschmuseum/product.jsp?product=21&

Here they are**:

Klipschorn_AK6_Lifestyle_125.jpg

** Photographs in this post and others below, provided with the kind permission of Klipsch Group Inc. Klipsch® and Klipschorn® are registered trademarks of Klipsch Group, Inc. in the USA and throughout the world. The Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, OilyBoy said:

if i want yo buy tickets i have to fill in an USA adress, is it right that the drawing is olny for USA citizens? 

It is open to EVERYONE. But there is a catch. We will not ship these, so you, or anyone else, where ever they may be, will have 90 days to come and pick them up or have someone they authorize (brother, sister, child, friend) pick them up. 

Now of course I bet there are at least 100 people here that would be happy to pick these up for you and "store" them in their living room for you until you can make arrangements. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, Edgar said:

Anybody know if a pair of AK6 will fit in the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Seriously, @Travis In Austin, for the eventual winner, is there a loading dock and helpful people available at the pickup point?

Yes they will if you remove the tops, which is easy to do. I sold a pair to @shinerman and he fit them in the back of a Ford Explorer. 

You are a sustaining Member of the Museum, so we are going to try to do what we can to make it easy.

No loading dock at the Auditorium where they are located I don't believe. There are tons of helpful people at the pickup point depending on the day, however, there are days where it will just be our Executive Director Beckie Moore, and she is tiny. 

The Museum has work weekends about once a month in Hope at the Feild House and we can help the winner coordinate with those great people to have it coincide (I believe there is one the weekend after the event in fact). They may put you to work rewiring some stuff, or repairing an amp, or even giving you a paint brush before they help you, but I'm pretty sure they will help you. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Budman said:

i guess that means their are no boxes   DAMN

There are boxes, original boxes. Thank you, I need to make that clearer. The speakers were made specifically for the photo shoot, tested and boxed in the regular boxes they made for the AK6, shipped to Indy. Unboxed for photo shoot. Boxed back up, sent to Hope at the Museum. Stored in the PWK Auditorium in the boxes, unboxed to take photos of S/N's and confirm measurements for false corners, waiting to be boxed back up for the winner to pick up and take home. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Anybody know if a pair of AK6 will fit in the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Seriously, @Travis In Austin, for the eventual winner, is there a loading dock and helpful people available at the pickup point?

i don't think it matters if they will fit in the back of a jeep because i'm going to use R+L trucking for their trip to cincy 🤑

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Budman said:

i don't think it matters if they will fit in the back of a jeep because i'm going to use R+L trucking for their trip to cincy 🤑

I see your point, in that case come for all or part of the event and just take them with you. We will even take them to your hotel room, hook them up, and come back in the morning and box them and load them in the R + L Trucking truck for you. We will even bring the driver a fresh cup of hot coffee for the road (cream and sugar is extra, and we don't do latte, soy or almond milk creamer, you have to draw the line somewhere). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Travis In Austin changed the title to KLIPSCHORN AK6 CHERRY S/N 001 AND 002, USED IN KLIPSCH HERITAGE BROCHURE - RARE OPPORTUNITY FOR $25.00
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Travis In Austin said:

Wow, wow, wow. Thank you for the tremendous response. 

Thank you, so far to Joe (sorry I put "John" in your thank you note), and Bill), Michael C, Michael W., Russ, Jon, and John (sorry on mixup with Joe). 

And BB, MB, and Gregory, and James, thank you Michael C for the added donation to the Museum. I won't be able to keep up with these, and I am not mentioning forum names as I don't have permission to do that (don't want to get any of you busted by your spouses/significant others or buying a ton of them).

• Haha 1

• Travis In Austin changed the title to SOLD OUT KLIPSCHORN AK6 CHERRY S/N 001 AND 002, USED IN KLIPSCH HERITAGE BROCHURE SOLD OUT
  • Travis In Austin unpinned and unfeatured this topic