SOLD OUT KLIPSCHORN AK6 CHERRY S/N 001 AND 002, USED IN KLIPSCH HERITAGE BROCHURE SOLD OUT

Travis In Austin

• Moderators
Just now, The Dude said:

How will we be notified if not present?  I assume email or phone call?

10 drunk guys are going to call you up from one speaker phone and say, "you are the winner Dude." One will say, hey I live out your way, if you want I can take them to my place and put them in my living room until you come and get 'em." What you do from that point is entirely at your own risk.

What I am going to try to do, with the help of our IT expert @seti, is live Stream it on Zoom, or something, so you can watch it live. They are supposed to be installing fiber optic to the Feild House right now, so it will depend on some things. If that turns out to be a viable option, we will post a Zoom or other type link in here. 

In addition, we ( @Travis In Austin @bhendrix and TN Mike) will email and call (if we have your number) the winner shortly after the drawing, and also put a notification on here, and all of the other social media platforms it will be on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

And BB, MB, and Gregory, and James, thank you Michael C for the added donation to the Museum. I won't be able to keep up with these, and I am not mentioning forum names as I don't have permission to do that (don't want to get any of you busted by your spouses/significant others or buying a ton of them).

Thank you Nicholas, Dina, Robert, David H and Jeremy

Wow, just wow, and a big thank you to everyone who used the option to donate the credit card fees, you would be surprise how $3 here, and there, really adds up and we really appreciate you selecting that option.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

10 drunk guys are going to call you up from one speaker phone and say, "you are the winner Dude." One will say, hey I live out your way, if you want I can take them to my place and put them in my living room until you come and get 'em." What you do from that point is entirely at your own risk.

I would be perfectly fine with that. If I do win, can you see that this happens? 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Travis In Austin said:

No, we prefer our secure webstore payment system, keeps everything all together in one place, multiple people are notified with every purchase. HOWEVER, for YOU, I can see what we can do. 

Shoot me an PM.

Good call. My brother used PayPal for a raffle for his non-profit Ham radio club. PayPal seized the account proceeds stating it was gambling and a violation of the EULA.  Litigation was required and PayPal ultimately capitulated but the club did not have the funds to two years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Got my 5 a bit ago so I'm waiting for the call/email...  Sorry guys!  My door will always be open for ya and I'll provide you're fav brew w/exceptions.  ha!!

What a great way to help the Museum out financially.  So many of us that love Klipsch live so far away to work on the home/museum so why not help out in some way?  Great idea from corporate to jump in and afford someone their dream speaker.  Wait, new jubes?  As if!  #1 & 2 in Khorns though?  Gimme, gimme!   Happy Birthday Mr. Klipsch and thanks for the hard work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have my truck all serviced up and my gps mapped out to Hope Ak.
Even if I don’t win, I know the money is going to something I hold deep in my heart and soul. PWK started me on this crazy dreamboat of audio heaven. I wonder how I’d be if I never bumped into that tall slender man back in the mid 70’s .

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/26/2022 at 9:02 AM, grasshopper said:

I made my $100[5 tickets] donation... I don't win anything... but, I donate very well.

I don't think I can stuff those in the wife's Versa, like I did my LS

we, who are financially challenged, really appreciate the opportunity to own these. 

great idea

Thanks to everyone who made this possible

Got it, thank you so much.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Got my 5 a bit ago so I'm waiting for the call/email...  Sorry guys!  My door will always be open for ya and I'll provide you're fav brew w/exceptions.  ha!!

What a great way to help the Museum out financially.  So many of us that love Klipsch live so far away to work on the home/museum so why not help out in some way?  Great idea from corporate to jump in and afford someone their dream speaker.  Wait, new jubes?  As if!  #1 & 2 in Khorns though?  Gimme, gimme!   Happy Birthday Mr. Klipsch and thanks for the hard work!

This was @Chief bonehead Roy's idea. He wanted EVERYONE to have a reasonable chance to own AK6 speakers, and as it turned out, the Museum was donated a pair by Klipsch Group, Inc., that were historic, rare, and unique.

• Thanks 2

• Travis In Austin changed the title to SOLD OUT KLIPSCHORN AK6 CHERRY S/N 001 AND 002, USED IN KLIPSCH HERITAGE BROCHURE SOLD OUT
  • Travis In Austin unpinned and unfeatured this topic