Recaps

Jeff Matthews

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Hi, Everyone.  

It's been a while.  My brother asked me to post to get information, including contact information, on anyone who can recap his LaScala xovers back to factory spec?   

Thanks.

Get the caps, bring some vinyl with the crossovers and new caps to San Antonio and Luther and I will do it for you (I will supervise, Luther will solder). 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Travis In Austin said:

Get the caps, bring some vinyl with the crossovers and new caps to San Antonio and Luther and I will do it for you (I will supervise, Luther will solder). 

Or, have him come to PWK BDAY Bash on March 9, 10, 11 and 12 in Hope, bring his crossovers and new replacement caps and we will get @Trey Cannon to do it for him, or even teach him how to do it. 

Which networks are they?

Or, have him come to PWK BDAY Bash on March 9, 10, 11 and 12 in Hope, bring his crossovers and new replacement caps and we will get [mention=2154]Trey Cannon[/mention] to do it for him, or even teach him how to do it. 

Which networks are they?

Trey will probably tell you the caps are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I did new caps on my 1994 Chorus2's and 1985 Heresy's.  I used Dayton Caps from Crites.  Night and day difference on the Heresy's in high's and clarity.  Chorus 2's were a bit brighter, but not nearly as pronounced as the Heresy's.  The Heresy's were also much easier as they have the Type 2 hand wired crossover set vs the cramped printed circuit board on the Chorus 2's.  LaScala's might have the hand wired set up too.

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg