Adding EQ with La Scala's

svberger

1 hour ago, nickyboy6100 said:

When you get your K-horns, make sure you are perfectly happy with them before selling the La Scala’s. 

That's for certain, but I'm not planning on them anytime soon. That's a big investment and unlike most of my gear acquisitions this would most certainly involve the wife.

21 minutes ago, svberger said:

That's for certain, but I'm not planning on them anytime soon. That's a big investment and unlike most of my gear acquisitions this would most certainly involve the wife.

Don't rush, it was just an idea if you were actually planning to switch to KHorns. There are always good offers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KT88 said:

Don't rush, it was just an idea if you were actually planning to switch to KHorns. There are always good offers.

Indeed. That's the problem😁

In all seriousness a buy like that would have to be local. I'd need to see and hear them first.

14 hours ago, svberger said:

Guess I wouldn't need perfect corners for these, huh?

From what I've heard, the corners wouldn't need to be "perfect," and the Khorn AK6 could be towed-in or towed-out a bit to aim right at you, BUT the boundary gain of being pretty near a corner is still needed for best results.

The "Measurements" section of the Stereophile review epitomises just about the worst possible conditions to measure any Khorn, closed back, or not.  It was measured outside, on a furniture dolly, in a driveway.  The bass response was truly terrible, for instance - 12 dB at 32 Hz, whereas I get peak-trough of about 5.7 dB (could be construed as +/- 2.85) 32Hz to 15KHz tight in a corner (old non-closed back, style AK4, two models previous to the AK-6 ) with pipe insulation sealers, slightly off-axis, in my treated room.  My bass extends down to about 23Hz at about 11 dB down, instead of 30 dB down at about 25Hz that Stereophile got with the new model, freestanding, without a corner. 

13 hours ago, svberger said:

That's a big investment and unlike most of my gear acquisitions this would most certainly involve the wife

If placed in a corner, Klipschorns don't stick out into the room as far as La Scalas.  My wife loves them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

They sure are nice looking. If I had to make a guess, I’d say he wants a premium for them. Hard to find any fair prices on Heritage speakers anymore. But good luck.

Yup I agree. Any thoughts what a fair/reasonable offer is? $10K?