Can't complain about the cost of Heresy IV

ClaudeJ1

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Getting Klipsch Heritage speakers from the US to Europe, for instance, makes them even more expensive. Add taxes and import duties, and you see prices skyrocketing...

It sure can make Americans feel Lucky in comparison, aye?

9 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You are right about that! I'm sure you could buy a Cadillac for 10 grand too!

It Might have been more like $2,500 for Walnut style B. I paid $1,600 for my Raw Birch KC BR's NEW and no longer available that way. (I bought my brother's used Walnut ones and sold my Birch ones to a friend).

Either way, my fiancee co-signed for a $1,000 bank loan to buy those horns (mostly to establish credit, since, as a cash only guy at the time, I had none).

So my point is that all USA/Hope built products have MOSTLY been tracking inflation and, approximately, sell for that same price as before in terms of how many weeks someone has to work to get the money to buy them.

Yes and it seems everything is getting so out of reach as time goes.   I still have the used Heresy's ( 82"s) i bought in 1985. They are now my Super Heresy's.  I love them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mopardave said:

Yes and it seems everything is getting so out of reach as time goes.   I still have the used Heresy's ( 82"s) i bought in 1985. They are now my Super Heresy's.  I love them.

I'm glad I got the bug to do the original pair and the v2.0, which is my fave. It feels good to know one is right once in a while, and the number of happy Super Heresy Modders astounds me. It is still something unique and to be proud of. It was created in the spirit of this forum and all it's members. And the only ones as happy as I am about that are those who have done it. Like you!

BTW, the Heresy happens to be the most Phase Coherent Klipsch Heritage Speaker. I'm thinking this is why everyone loves the IMAGING on their Super Heresys with better Transient Response, which was my original goal, but I got better bass and definition as a Bonus! Basically named for the B&C DE-120 driver, which is my favorite. Thanks for sharing the Joy!

12 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm glad I got the bug to do the original pair and the v2.0, which is my fave. It feels good to know one is right once in a while, and the number of happy Super Heresy Modders astounds me. It is still something unique and to be proud of. It was created in the spirit of this forum and all it's members. And the only ones as happy as I am about that are those who have done it. Like you!

BTW, the Heresy happens to be the most Phase Coherent Klipsch Heritage Speaker. I'm thinking this is why everyone loves the IMAGING on their Super Heresys with better Transient Response, which was my original goal, but I got better bass and definition. Basically named for the B&C DE-120 driver, which is my favorite. Thanks for sharing the Joy!

Thanks for helping with that project.  

• Like 1