HERESY IV OWNERS OPINIONS AND COMMENTS NEEDED!

edzu1234

Hello Heresy IV Owners, please, I need your opinions and comments.   I have recently retired and moved into a Single Wide Trailer Home and own a pair of La Scala Speakers.  The La Scala's (they sound terrific and have been recapped) occupy a great deal of room and I want to move to an Atmos Setup.  Due to floor space, I am contemplating buying a pair of Heresy IV (I will also use them for 2 channel listening) and selling the La Scala's to fund the project.  I have a pair of RP-500SA Atmos speakers and 3 pairs of RB-5 Speakers to complete the Atmos setup.  I have heard nothing but great things about the new Heresy IV with all types of music.  Will I miss the La Scala's,(even though taking up valuable floor space) and stay with a 5.1.1 System or take the plunge and buy the Heresy IV and go Atmos.  THE FORUM MEMBERS OPINIONS AND COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!  THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

Edited by edzu1234
ADDED TEXT
  • Like 1

• edzu1234 changed the title to HERESY IV OWNERS OPINIONS AND COMMENTS NEEDED!
21 minutes ago, edzu1234 said:

Will I miss the La Scala's,(even though taking up valuable floor space)

yes   , these are 2 very different speakers  -but if you dont have the room in the trailer ,  you dont really have a choice -

the main difference will be in the Midrange  HF sound due to the bigger horn on the LS which separates the mids from the tweeter   , and the horn loaded bass , but the Heresy IV is a more compact package which does not take up any room , or very little .which will give you much more room to circulate .

2 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

I own a pair of La Scala Speakers. I am contemplating buying a pair of Heresy IV Will I miss the La Scala's

Don't think you'd notice much of a difference.. 🙃 

In all seriousness if you don't have the room for bigger speakers than you don't have the room-- IMO going that much smaller is going to be a big compromise. If you can swing it I'd look into the Klipsch KI-396-II's I believe they are around the same price as the H-IV's its middle sized with a very nice large k-510 horn and similar bass extension as the La Scala. There was a pair here in Garage sale section used for $2200 IIRC not sure if they are close to you or even still available.

Hello Heresy IV Owners, please, I need your opinions and comments.   I have recently retired and moved into a Single Wide Trailer Home and own a pair of La Scala Speakers.  The La Scala's (they sound terrific and have been recapped) occupy a great deal of room and I want to move to an Atmos Setup.  Due to floor space, I am contemplating buying a pair of Heresy IV (I will also use them for 2 channel listening) and selling the La Scala's to fund the project.  I have a pair of RP-500SA Atmos speakers and 3 pairs of RB-5 Speakers to complete the Atmos setup.  I have heard nothing but great things about the new Heresy IV with all types of music.  Will I miss the La Scala's,(even though taking up valuable floor space) and stay with a 5.1.1 System or take the plunge and buy the Heresy IV and go Atmos.  THE FORUM MEMBERS OPINIONS AND COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!  THANK YOU ONE AND ALL!

You will be quite pleased with the Heresys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a really nice little speaker with an excellent mid range and decent bass. Add a good sub and you should be pleased. I have much bigger and better but the Heresy IV is no slouch and probably gets the most use of all my speakers since they are in my living room.