How many systems do you have?

Klipschtastic

Not in a pissing contest kind of way but how far down the rabbit hole has your audio addiction brought you?  Do you have extra amps and speakers that you rotate into play at times or do you have multiple systems in one rack?  Personally I have KLF 20s in the living room with a Marantz PM7000n; a bedroom/office system with RP160m and Marantz nr 1200; and a downstairs den system with RF3s and a Marantz 1607.  I didn't mean to end up with all Marantz and Klipsch.  It was an accident...lol.  I would like to branch out a bit for the sake of trying different gear.  I think I could part with the RF3/RC3 set up and maybe move the 160s down there and add a RP450 center.  MAybe try a different brand in the office like KEF, Wharfdale or something. I did have Energy C2s in the office but the new RP160m has beaten them out.  I'm keeping the KLFs long term. Also the Marantz PM7000m was a decent upgrade from the Onkyo 9150 powering the KLF 20s.  So anyway do you all have alternate pieces you rotate in from time to time?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Since the Fisher crapped out I bought a class d amp for short term use. Turns out it may end up a little more than that 'cause it sounds great. So I'll repair the Fisher and have 1 1/3 systems. :D

Bonus points to you on that one!  😂

Rabbit hole?  There's a rabbit hole?  Seriously?  Just buckle up and tighten up your helmet.  You'll make it.  Check out the Heritage line before you go jumping to something ya think sounds good.  Marantz and Klipsch go hand in hand.  Simple.  :)  Just my .02 cents.  :)

• Like 2

I just have one now...  I like my big system in the living room, so it gets used every single day.  After that, I'm pretty basic on sound because I don't like a bunch speakers/equipment taking up space.  If I didn't love my La Scalas so much, I'd just have in-wall speakers due to clutter.

• Like 2

Let's see...

1. Main system in living room theater uses four Cornwall IIs, a Klipsch-derived center, and a Rhythmik sub, in a 7.1 system (rarely used in that configuration)

2. My study, two homebuilt 12 inch Visaton woofers & PRs with Great Heil AMTs; hooked to the iMac and a disc player

3. Partner's study, Cambridge "Satellites and bass module"

4. Garage, two Minimus 7s driven by an old Pioneer and a Sony 5 disc changer from 1995

5. Car, 17 speaker system by Lexicon  

• Like 2

I only have two systems; my 5.1.2 Surround system in our living room and my pure stereo system out in my mancave (named The Boonies).

However; I still have every system component that I bought and subsequently replaced/updated going back to 1975 when I purchased my Marantz 4400. 😮 And, all of these components are still in their original boxes. Yep, shelves of boxed up stuff! 😂

• Like 1

Two systems. Living room gets majority of use.

Living Room: Turntables-AR XA/Thorens TD126 MKII/Fairchild 412; McIntosh MC30 amps;McIntosh MX110z preamp;Shure M65 phono;Logitech Squeezebox Touch streamer;Topping D30 DAC;Nakamichi ZX-7 cassette;Cheap Sony Blu Ray/CD;McIntosh CR7 remote;1977 La Scala speakers

Bedroom: Turntables-VPI HW19 MKII w/Graham 1.5 tonearm;Elac 50HII;McIntosh MC240 amp;McIntosh C11 preamp;Logitech Squeebox Classic 3 streamer;S.M.S.L SU8 DAC;Cheap Sony Blu Ray/CD;McIntosh MR78 tuner;McIntosh CR7 remote;1977 Cornwalls

• Like 1

Over the years, 3 ... because we had 2 houses for a while.

House 1 : HT with mostly Denon AVR and then a mix of additional amps; Parasound, Akai, chip amp, amps used on a rotational basis.  In this house, over time, we had some Klipsch speakers (Heresy, RC3 and a 15 inch down firing sub), then moved to Martin Logan Clarity and Theatre I, Velodyne DD10.  Stayed that way as the Klipsch modified Heresy (note I changed them) moved to second house.

House 1 and 2: Upstairs had a setup of CD player, Martin Logan LX16 speakers, Sirius/XM Satellite into small chip amps.

House 2: Sadly, sold the Martin Logan gear, Parasound, Akai, all Denon.  Wow, didn't want to move all that so some folks got good deals.  But, finally got 2 sets of modified Heresy, 3 Luxman R-117 (one is still in Calgary, ugh will get here by Aug), Luxman PD289 TT and Cambridge Audio Aero 2 (used as centre speakers ... forget about comb filter!).

Maybe blaspheme on the Klipsch forum but, for dollars invested equal rank in a speaker lineup, I prefer Martin Logan.  Having said that, I only owned and tested two roughly equivalent setups and of course they were never A/B blind tested yada yada etc. 

But, as I've said before and will stand by, you cannot beat a set of Heresy for value.  Combined I've enjoyed about 77 years of Heresy sound between the two sets that I've owned since new, without ever a single glitch.  They do just fine for 2 channel and for HT.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

If I didn't love my La Scalas so much, I'd just have in-wall speakers due to clutter.

To answer OP's question, I've got "one" system and PM-2.1's for the computer in office.

Where there's a will, there's a way....

I have my LaScalas buried in the wall.

P5.jpg

Grills 1.jpg