Some Forum Friends (Family) Need Our Help

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

Some of you may be aware that Christy (Dtel's Wife) was in a serious car wreck this past Monday evening. Fortunately, through the grace of God, she wasn't seriously injured (lot's of bumps and bruises, some serious ones from seat belt). That's the good news. 

The bad news is that the car is a total loss, and unfortunately, insurance isn't going to cover it.

Her daughter started a Go Fund Me and we are trying to raise $10,000 in order to get Christy and Elden (Dtel) a reliable and SAFE vehicle. Christy's full time job has been taking care of her two-year-old grand daughter during the week, from early in the morning until evening so safety is a big priority. In addition, for the past several years they also traveled from Mississippi to Hope nearly every month to work on restoring the Museum Visitor's Center so fuel economy and cargo space would be nice. 

As many of you know, today's used car market is crazy. The days of a decent used car for 4, 5 or 6K are long gone. If we can get to the goal, or close, it looks like they would have several good options and probably a warranty on top of that.

Christy's daughter started a Go Fund Me on Tuesday, and her close friends and family have already raised over $4,000. This Go Fund Me is legitimate, and has been verified by Christy. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-momma-to-get-a-new-car?qid=ae63d11b4e1cc3f11e7a178de9b569cbcar

If you have been around this place much in the last 10 or 15 years, or been to a Pilgrimage or Jubefest, you know the Dtel's/Luquets. Christy has help raise money for others on this Forum for unexpected major illnesses, they have opened their home to Forum members traveling across the Country, Pony Expressed Speakers, and volunteered their time and energy for the Museum and Forum Members. Elden was the first recipient of the Yocum Award for exemplary and meritorious service to the Musuem last October. They are aware we are posting this, they didn't want us to, but it was explained to them they have done so much for everyone else, well . . .

. . . as Bill Hendrix @bhendrix mentioned to me yesterday "now it's our turn." 

Any amount you may be led or called to give will be most appreciated.

If you have any questions you can PM @bhendrix or me. 

Thanks for posting this Travis. 

I’m in. 

Christy and Eldon are good friends to many of us and have been super-helpers at Pilgrimages and the Museum.  

I know many of us have been cared for by Momma Christy. I’m glad we have an opportunity to say thanks. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I want to thank everyone for their love, support and kindness. My daughter and her husband are handling all the details on the fundraiser.

My son in law’s email for PayPal is

Anasahmad78@gmail.com

Thank you just doesn’t seem to be enough. I’m thankful to be alive and blessed with family and friends like y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Relax and relax some more!  @dtel's wife  We got this!  Glad you're all ok! 

Pay it Forward!!!   It's really a good feeling when ya do peeps!  We ALL know they don't come any better than these two!

Sending your change jug might be pricey to ship but it's great therapy for @dtel!  Keeps him outta trouble sorting it!!  hahahaha  :)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dtel's wife said:

Liability only. No one ticketed.

Shoot.  That stinks.

I was in an accident a few weeks ago that was my fault.  Came up to a stop sign and it was glare ice and I rear-ended the lady in front of me.  Fortunately the lady was really nice about everything and no one was injured.

• Like 2

@windashineactually they'd look good in a slightly used Bentley or maybe a Rolls.  Possibly a Lambo so Christy could get outta the stinking way next time!  Just thank the Lord it wasn't worse.  Scratch the Bentley and Rolls let's go for the Lambo.  Can you imagine how that would work?   :)

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I want to check in and let everyone know how much your good wishes, love, friendship and support mean to us.

The physical and emotional recovery is taking much longer than I anticipated. I have some memory loss and some every day tasks have become a little difficult. The bruising was rather significant and I’m still in quite a bit of pain.

Emotionally I find it difficult to drive or to be a passenger in a vehicle. Panic attacks are now rather common when I’m forced into either of those situations.

For many years I have said how blessed we are to have found this forum. The friendships we’ve made here through the years are undoubtedly the best. We’ve experienced so much with the members here, deaths, births, sickness, accomplishments and more importantly love for one another.

Again, thank you doesn’t seem to be enough.

• Like 4

Christy, just saw this had taken some time off from here.

I can comprehend being skiddish or apprehensive driving after a wreck. It has eased up some since several years ago. It changed my driving habits & thought processes of that forever.

Feel better Soon!

• Like 1