Could use some advice on posting here - photos

Domenic

Having trouble posting photos of my Belles that I'm selling.  One photo alone slightly exceeds the 2MB total limit on photos.  Would like to post 4 photos.  Am I doing something wrong?  What is the secret?

Many thanks.  

Edited by Domenic

7 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

If the file exceeds 2MB it simply will not accept it. You will need to reduce the size of the file. I think most delivered photo apps whether PC or Mac will allow you to reduce the file size easily.

I thought that was the solution, and I'll give it a try.  Didn't seem as easy to do on a Mac (!) as it should be.  I'll try it all again.  

Thanks.  Appreciate it. 

Just now, Domenic said:

I thought that was the solution, and I'll give it a try.  Didn't seem as easy to do on a Mac (!) as it should be.  I'll try it all again.  

Thanks.  Appreciate it. 

I also use a Mac and agree that it could be easier. If you open your picture using Preview then go to Tools you should find a link to Adjust Size.

11 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

I also use a Mac and agree that it could be easier. If you open your picture using Preview then go to Tools you should find a link to Adjust Size.

I'm a little surprised it's as funky to do as it is.  That said, I have no idea what size they need to be to display properly on the Forum.  Couldn't find any guidance on the Forum at all.  

Thanks.  I'll get it eat some point.

17 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Thanks.  They're really nice.  All original and in great shape, but for one piece of missing veneer on front strip about 3/4" long.  Was going to try to fix it myself, but don't have the skills or the tools, so I'll take a small hit price wise on that point.  I get it.  Also one small veneer piece missing along back edge of other speaker.  Not really very noticeable.  Otherwise they look and sound great.  They are 1977s with AB crossovers.  Grill cloths all excellent.  Finish is a mellow oil over walnut.  Hate to see them go, but new apartment simply way too small for them.  Sound big and beautiful.  Thanks.

Edited by Domenic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Z said:

I've had that same problem, I end up sending them to my iphone where it asks me the size to save it and then loading them from there.  Kind of a pain.  

Where are you located, Dom?

I'm in mid-coast Maine, about 2 hours north of Portland ME and 4 hours north of Boston.  I figured I'd volunteer to drive them to Boston or any other place within about 4 hour drive time for pick-up.

2 minutes ago, Mark Z said:

Always does, that's precisely how I ended up with my current amp!  Do you think my wife will buy "they're smaller" than my Chorus 2's?  They ARE shorter.....

Might be time to do some pre-emptive buttering up before the topic is even raised!  Small, thoughtful gifts help.  About a week before you have the "Say, hon, there's this set of speakers . . . "

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes man, what you selling and how much?

Thanks!

Near-Excellent condition with the exception of small piece of veneer missing on the front edge of one and a very small piece missing on the rear edge of the other.  They could be easily repaired by someone with more carpentry/veneering skills than myself (none whatsoever).  Serial numbers are 1R979 and 1R980, which I believe makes them built in 1977.  All original including AA crossovers.  Sound is big and beautiful.  No longer have the room in new place.  I am located in mid-coast Maine, but willing to drive them down to Boston, or anywhere else approximately a 4 hour ride from here, for pick-up.  Happy to PM more photos.
Asking $2,700.