Ordered a Schiit Aegir (single) for my Cornwalls....

costerdock

v0LCTSs.jpg

Wow - just wow - really loving this new little amp.   Just setup yesterday and listened to one album side - Joe Henderson's State of the Tenor - Vol 2 (side 1) - a favorite.   Great everything and the noise floor is reduced - in the 20's dB from a simple iPhone dB app (my tube amps from a recent test - no ground lifts - was in the 30's.)

Great first impression for sure.

That's cool. I dig my Aegir.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rockhound said:

Is there an advantage to having the Aegir's running as mono blocks?

This only works for an 8 ohm load or higher. When configured as monoblocks the Aegir will not drive a 4 ohm load. So if you have less efficient speakers with a benign load, the extra power could come in handy.

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, costerdock said:

Been running my Cornwalls on VTA M125 Monoblocks for over 10 years - but having serious issues with the amps.  Working those out - I ordered the Schiit Aegir.

Seems it will be a good match - I'm going to run one in stereo mode - and they try it with XLR - mono mode - I'll use my working tube amp to complete it - to guesstamate what monos would be like.

If it works out - I might buy a second one - or simply return it.

Hoping it works out.

spacer.png

Did you ever get the 2nd Aegir?  I was wondering what your thoughts were if there was a big advantage when going from 1 to 2 ran in mono? 

And then once that’s figured out, how does the Vidar compare?

My current setup:

Bluesound Node - Bifrost2 - Willsenton R8 - Cornwall IVs 

Subwoofer: Golden Ear SupSub XXL - (ran speaker wire through a Russound ADP-1.2 Speaker-level to Line-level Adapter) **Don’t judge - I already had the sub in my living room for my HT setup. Lol. 🤣🤣. I drug it to the room with my stereo setup because I wanted to add a sub with the Cornwalls. 

I’m very new to all of this and I wanted to get the Freya+ and start experimenting a little.

I’ve searched this thread looking for the final verdict on the best Cornwall IV/Schiit setup regarding powering them with either a:

Vidar vs. 1 Aegir vs. 2 Aegirs

Thank you.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

With  Cornwall IVs, a second Aegir would be a waste of money. At least IMHO.

+1 unless you have a very large listening area. I use a single Aegir with my OG Chorus speakers and have no need for  more gain/power in my medium+ room.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:19 AM, Astarkey said:

Did you ever get the 2nd Aegir?  I was wondering what your thoughts were if there was a big advantage when going from 1 to 2 ran in mono? 

And then once that’s figured out, how does the Vidar compare?

My current setup:

Bluesound Node - Bifrost2 - Willsenton R8 - Cornwall IVs 

Subwoofer: Golden Ear SupSub XXL - (ran speaker wire through a Russound ADP-1.2 Speaker-level to Line-level Adapter) **Don’t judge - I already had the sub in my living room for my HT setup. Lol. 🤣🤣. I drug it to the room with my stereo setup because I wanted to add a sub with the Cornwalls. 

I’m very new to all of this and I wanted to get the Freya+ and start experimenting a little.

I’ve searched this thread looking for the final verdict on the best Cornwall IV/Schiit setup regarding powering them with either a:

Vidar vs. 1 Aegir vs. 2 Aegirs

Thank you.

Nope - no thought of all running a second Aegir with my Cornwalls - one is plenty.   Very happy with it - but now my tube amps are back so it is sitting as backup.

Best of luck!