What Would a Fair Price Be For These Cornwalls?

mingham

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649805206-vintage-1-owner-1979-klipsh-cornwalls-and-yamaha-cr-2020-receiver/images/3595500/

If this should be in the general forum or the alerts forum, I apologize, feel free to move it.  It doesn't seem like a scam, so "Alerts" didn't seem appropriate.  The seller will separate, but I have no idea what portion of the $3200 should be the Yamaha and what should be the Cornwalls.  The price seems very fair, so I wouldn't want to haggle.  

Opinions, please?

• Like 1

I think it is way to high... I just sold my CW1 with custom high-end crossovers, crites cast woofers and crites tweeters for 2000$... and I gave the guy 200$ back for driving to pick them up from a neighboring state... 1800$ otd.

17 hours ago, mingham said:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649805206-vintage-1-owner-1979-klipsh-cornwalls-and-yamaha-cr-2020-receiver/images/3595500/

If this should be in the general forum or the alerts forum, I apologize, feel free to move it.  It doesn't seem like a scam, so "Alerts" didn't seem appropriate.  The seller will separate, but I have no idea what portion of the $3200 should be the Yamaha and what should be the Cornwalls.  The price seems very fair, so I wouldn't want to haggle.  

Opinions, please?

the price of these speakers  + 1 amplifier is not out of context since a vintage HIFI HQ amplifier is also  included  and both items are in great condition .

Please ask @Travis In Austin  to move this thread , for forum members to chime in with an active price discussion

Welcome to the klipsch Forum

RandyH - I did a bit of research and found comps around $1800-$2500 for the Yamaha CR-2020.  Those were just listings, did not find any that had sold recently.  They were in comparable (fully functioning, unrestored) condition.   I was not able to find any comps (1979-ish Cornwell, Raw Birch, unrestored) comps for the Cornwells.  That's why I came here.  I tend to agree that the price for both is fair, but am looking for an idea about the relative value of the Cornwells as a part of the $3200 whole.  Can you give me an idea?

Does it matter that they have what appears to be a fairly well done clear coat?  It seems to have maybe yellowed a bit, but looks okay in the pics.   The labels are shot, but the sequential serial numbers are stamped in the plywood.  They have not been used in 10+ years, don't know if that is good or bad.  They have been stored in a room in the house, presumably climate controlled.   

Based on above, I did suggest to the owner that we assume $2150 for the receiver and $1050 for the Cornwells.  He was not happy with that suggestion and countered with $700 for the receiver and $2500 for the speakers.   I am really only interested in the Cornwells, but am considering buying both and flipping the Yamaha. 

I have a pair of Crites upgraded Forte IIs, not sure why the Cornwells are calling me like they are, but they are.  

Will you @ing Travis serve to get him to move this, or do I need to DM him?

Thanks for the welcome and the opinion. 

7 minutes ago, CWOReilly said:

Max 1k for stock Cornwall I in Birch. The Yamaha maybe $350. That's my honest opinion being fairly close geographically and having bought sold and traded audio for a decade. 

Yes, was being abit generous...

Getting soft here...

8 minutes ago, CWOReilly said:

Max 1k for stock Cornwall I in Birch. The Yamaha maybe $350. That's my honest opinion being fairly close geographically and having bought sold and traded audio for a decade. 

Dunno about the Yamaha, but yes on the speakers.  1200 if you want them bad enough I suppose.   2500 is Cornwall III pricing in pristine condition.  

1 hour ago, mingham said:

RandyH - I did a bit of research and found comps around $1800-$2500 for the Yamaha CR-2020.  Those were just listings, did not find any that had sold recently.  They were in comparable (fully functioning, unrestored) condition.   I was not able to find any comps (1979-ish Cornwell, Raw Birch, unrestored) comps for the Cornwells.  That's why I came here.  I tend to agree that the price for both is fair, but am looking for an idea about the relative value of the Cornwells as a part of the $3200 whole.  Can you give me an idea?

Does it matter that they have what appears to be a fairly well done clear coat?  It seems to have maybe yellowed a bit, but looks okay in the pics.   The labels are shot, but the sequential serial numbers are stamped in the plywood.  They have not been used in 10+ years, don't know if that is good or bad.  They have been stored in a room in the house, presumably climate controlled.   

Based on above, I did suggest to the owner that we assume $2150 for the receiver and $1050 for the Cornwells.  He was not happy with that suggestion and countered with $700 for the receiver and $2500 for the speakers.   I am really only interested in the Cornwells, but am considering buying both and flipping the Yamaha. 

you are the winner in this USAAudiomart listing , as the prices of the Klipsch speakers are rising steadily  , and these speakers look to be in great shape  which is not very easy to find with 0 repairs to be done  ,  plus the amp is worth at least 1500$,   the speakers are worth  1500$   . 

this is a HIFI ,  top of the line 70's , practically 50lbs , wood case ,   phenomenal phono stage , high end integrated , superb preamp  , yeah , I would offer 3k$ , the gear is clean , 1 owner ---how often will you find such a combo

I would offer 2800$  up to 3k$-

• Like 1

His valuation for his CW's is WAY high.  Cornwall in WV for only $1200.  Vintage Klipsch Cornwall Speakers - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)
BTW; the CR2020 for $700 is an absolute steal.  I'd grab that and wait on some Cornwalls at a reasonable price.

Take a look at these.  Says "must sell".  Maybe you can get them to $1800 (if they're decent condition). Klipsch speakers original Cornwalls - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)

• Like 1

From the OPs original link:.

Date Posted: Feb 12, 22 10:05am
Edited: Feb 12, 22 10:

Listing about a month old.

The Yamaha can be had for much less. Have seen them listed for around 3.

Either way, seller is dreaming at the price listed.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 2:14 PM, CWOReilly said:

+1 on ^^^^   I agree.

I have both a CR2020 and a pair of Crornwall II that let go for close to what you said.

Advising forum members to over pay for equipment is wrong advice, again.

• Like 2