KLF-30 VS RF7 III

Trikxx

18 minutes ago, Trikxx said:

Was planning on buying the RF7 III but a pair of KLF 30s popped up on near me. For those who’ve had a chance to compare these, which one is better…both for music (30%) and HT (70%). Thanks. 

The RF7 III is an awesome speaker  ,and so is the KLF-30   ,  Moneywise , the KLF-30 wins hand down ,  and if the speakers are in great condition , even better

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RandyH said:

The RF7 III is an awesome speaker  ,and so is the KLF-30   ,  Moneywise , the KLF-30 wins hand down ,  and if the speakers are in great condition , even better

Thanks. 
If we were to take money out of the equation, which one is better?

I had the original RF-7s and KLF-30s.  Of all the Klipsch I've had over the years I've always preferred the 3-way design over a 2-way design.  The midrange horn adds quite a bit of dynamics and clarity to that essential section of sound.

• Like 2

Good news - either way it won't be wrong.

I own the original RF7's and recently snagged a set of KLF-30's for my brother in law.

Didn't get to A/B them side by side, but have listened to the RF7s for 20 plus years now, so very familiar with them.

Spent some time with the KLF 30's recently.

They are more rock and roll, very up front sound stage top to bottom - they are incredible!

RF7s are a bit more laid back, not by much.  Probably more versatile with HT.

I would get the KLF 30's since they are hard to find. Give them a spin.

You can always let them go and get the RF7 IIIs.

• Like 4

On 3/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, Trikxx said:

If we were to take money out of the equation, which one is better?

The RF-7-III's are obviously much newer, have very well built and braced higher quality cabinets and the drivers / crossovers are also higher quality-- you are getting a lot with the higher costs. All that said the KLF-30's are no slouch and even in stock form they are really great speakers but one of the things that make them even greater is the ability to upgrade them to top notch levels if you're not afraid to do a bit of work on them. 

Bottom line for me is if you have the money for the RF-7-III's and want a hassle free plug and play new speaker I don't think you'd be disappointed going that route, especially if their primary use is home theater. Best way to tell for sure is buy both sets and try them out for yourself, if you get them at decent prices you can always sell the pair you don't want and get your money back.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Trikxx said:

Was planning on buying the RF7 III but a pair of KLF 30s popped up on near me. For those who’ve had a chance to compare these, which one is better…both for music (30%) and HT (70%). Thanks. 

be sure to audition the KLFs with some bass heavy music as loud as the seller will let you play them... KLF & KG are known to have loose cabinet issues & that will effect the value of the speaker. 

• Like 1