V.2 400 CONCERNS!!

HOYOC

I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO SAY IT, YET I THINK I MESSED UP MY V.2 400 SYSTEM. I DID SOMETHING THE MANUAL SAID I SHOULDN'T AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT RESULTED IN DAMAGING THE SYSTEM. THIS LEADS ME TO MY QUESTIONS/CONCERNS.

1.I tried plugging in the preamp to the sub while the sub was plugged in and the power was turned on. I got in return one of the loudest electro sounds i have ever had in my life are my speakers damaged now?

2. I have not on purpose mind you dropped a couple of the speaker from a desk or shelf that they were on. It was maybe a 2ft drop and they landed on carpet. Are they ruined?

3. Sound seems to be coming from the rear speakers a little stronger than the fronts when the surround switch on the speaker with the preamp is set to midway, is this normal for this system, if so is that the way this effect is suppossed to be?

4. How do I go about purchesing the new preamp and installing it that you can buy as an upgrade for my v.2 400 that comes with the promedia 4.1 system?

5. What types of warranties do you offer for replacement of my speaker system if it is damaged?

Wow you must think I am pretty careless, and I really am not. Just a little stupid and I only hope that I didn't just blow up the coolest sounding speaker set I have ever owned.

System Specs:

1000 mhz Amd Thunderbird

384 mb pc133 ram

Abit Kt7 motherboard

winfast geforce 2 pro 64mb

19inch impression monitor

sound blaster live x-gamer

us robotics 56k isa modem

72x true x kenwood cd rom

8x4x32 hp cdrw drive

pioneer 16x dvd

As you can see I am a gamer and I love to watch movies. I am a sound nut as well and I jus hope that you can help me with the few quirks I am having with my current sound setup thanks.

email: moez_2@hotmail.com

If the speakers sound okay, they very likely survived intact. (and...let's be careful out there).

The rear channels are louder than the fronts with the knobs centered. In most installations, the front speakers are closer than the rears, and so this was the balance chosen. Obviously, you want to adjust the controls to the balance you prefer.

You can get a CP-1 preamp from the web site. Do a search on CP-1, and it should take you there.

-djf

• 2 weeks later...

1. I accidentally did the exact same thing and was treated to a loud popping sound from the sats. As far as i know, this hasn't effected the system in any way.

2. I dropped one of my sats from a height of 1.5 meters and it landed on a hardwood floor. That bent part of the metallic stand out of shape. I just bent it back in shape. This did not ruin my sat.

3. It seems pretty even on mine. Just compensate for it using the surround knob.

4. -

5. -

COOL, any more opionions would be appreciated. I would also like to know where or how i could get my entire system checked at some klipsch center in san mateo california to see in fact if my speakers are messed or if i am just a luck bastard and my mind is trippin? Thanks and add suggestions of any kind. Also what do peopel think of the CP-1 preamp? Is it a viable upgrade and how do the v.2 400 compare with the new 4.1 promedias post away, thanks.