No tubes!

dirtmudd

On 3/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, michaelwjones said:

Rats, I needed eight...  🤣.

And, yes it is running the La Scalas as I type and sounds amazing. Because at the end of the day, there is no substitute for cubic inches or power tubes!

Cary 120 - 1.jpeg

In this case, quality pounces quantity, if you have high efficiency speakers.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, dirtmudd said:

Just arrived ... 4 x EH 6922 ( 6DJ8) Gold Version, 2 x EH 12AX7 ( ECC83 ) Gold Version , as spare tubes just for the case that these aren´t longer available ...

1321131983_EHTubes.thumb.jpg.d6f1d9804063efe597c55f193cfe4969.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

My experience as well Marvel

miketn

I was looking at my modern 2a3 tubes and not sure why I only just noticed they are all monoplates. The EH and sovteks are quite nice. I haven't compared to any RCA tubes. Not sure I've met a 2a3 I didn't like... I lie I have a fake Mullard labeled 2a3.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I have a quad of brand new KT-150s sitting in a box. I searched for these tubes yesterday and the only place I could find them at all was asking 1760.00/quad. I might have to rethink what I want to do with these, lol.

Are you thinking of selling them? I would like to have at least a couple extra kt 150s for backups

Not sure yet. I bought them along with driver tubes that are a complete set of spares for my current amp. I am pretty sure I'm selling the amp soon. I'm not going to give them to whomever buys it. Either they pay a premium, I sell them separately, or just hang on to them. So that's the long answer, and I know it doesn't really help you any.

6 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Not sure yet. I bought them along with driver tubes that are a complete set of spares for my current amp. I am pretty sure I'm selling the amp soon. I'm not going to give them to whomever buys it. Either they pay a premium, I sell them separately, or just hang on to them. So that's the long answer, and I know it doesn't really help you any.

Lol

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, John Warren said:

The tube crisis is manufactured.   JJ can easily supply the current demand. For those that are in need, you're being played.   

JJ is shipping but $ are still x3 what they were this time last year.  Wait.

A manufactured crises in these trying times? Surely - you jest 

• 11 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, michaelwjones said:

Guess I should order those 6922 Voskhod Rockets & 6C33C-B tubes before I have an expensive door stop...

Just following up if you have your supply with the 6c33c-b tubes? I'm also looking for a tester for the same tube. Thanks,

CCG

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, michaelwjones said:

Guess I should order those 6922 Voskhod Rockets & 6C33C-B tubes before I have an expensive door stop...

Hi,

May I ask where are you getting your 6c33c-b matched tubes? I also want to get a 6c33c-b tube tester if you know anyone? Thanks. CCG

On 3/13/2022 at 3:29 PM, captainbeefheart said:

Glad I have a ton of NOS tubes to play with and I never have to worry about getting 4,000 tubes like an amp company. Also very glad I have a ton of NOS Russian tubes i really like as we don't know when we'll have open trade with them again.

Sovteks have been available for some time.  Purchased 4 5AR4s, 10 12AX7s earlier this year.  Just purchased a quad of EL84Ms too, supplier as 90+ is stock.

So much for the Russian import ban.