Klipsch R-41m and R-51m pair -- Glitches and in audio when connected to computer through USB connnection

odonnell1521

Hello All,

I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that, when I connect my Klipsch R-41 Speaker pair to my iMac through the USB connection, the audio that plays through the speakers seems to contain sparse intermittent pops and glitches. Most of the time it's subtle, but other times you can hear it quite clearly. This does not happen when I connect through Bluetooth, only USB. I've tried using a different cable, but I still hear the pops and glitches.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

On 3/13/2022 at 7:15 PM, odonnell1521 said:

Hello All,

I've noticed in the past couple of weeks that, when I connect my Klipsch R-41 Speaker pair to my iMac through the USB connection, the audio that plays through the speakers seems to contain sparse intermittent pops and glitches. Most of the time it's subtle, but other times you can hear it quite clearly. This does not happen when I connect through Bluetooth, only USB. I've tried using a different cable, but I still hear the pops and glitches.

That's a good question.

Got any others?

Seriously though, the USB might not be getting enough bandwidth to keep a clean signal going.  Especially if your iMac is an older machine.  It would be better to use an optical cable (first choice), or a 3.5mm to RCA splitter cable (second choice).  USB bandwidth is iffy for a continuous, perfect signal.  Too many "unknowns" about your machine, hardware level, OS and patching revisions, etc.

@odonnell1521

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 7:15 PM, odonnell1521 said:

Hello All,

1)-  do all the  USB Ports of the iMac ,yield the same result of pops and glitches  ?  or just 1 of the ports  -- test all the USB ports   , if the issue remains , go to step 2 

2)- we need to determine whether  the pops and glitches  stem from the iMAC 's USB  connection on the main-board or whether the issue is related to the R-41 speaker  .

plug the R-41 Speaker on a different PC or Laptop  via the USB connection and check to see if the pops and glitches are still present -test with 2 USB  cables   -if the issue remains , go to step 3

3)-  go ahead and do a Factory Reset of the R-41 ---Page 18

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-manuals/R-41PM-and-R-51PM-Manual-v04.pdf