is it an original Klipsch speaker ?

SpeedLimit

hello, a guy is selling this loudspeaker (a pair of this model). Is it a real Klipsch loudspeaker ?  Does the Klipsch loudspeaker not have a plate with Klipsch written on it.

Is it phenolic diaphragm like the atlas sound pd-5vh ?

is it an EV ? other brand ?

k77m.jpg

32 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

hello, a guy is selling this loudspeaker (a pair of this model). Is it a real Klipsch loudspeaker ?  Does the Klipsch loudspeaker not have a plate with Klipsch written on it.

Is it phenolic diaphragm like the atlas sound pd-5vh ?

is it an EV ? other brand ?

k77m.jpg

it's a K-55M  , you see the writing on the Driver , this was a duplicate of the Atlas  K-55V dual phase plug driver , but it was manufactured by EV  with a ferrite magnet , this was done at the requet of klipsch when the K-55V Atlas Alnico driver was in short supply in the early 80's -

3 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

Yes i see k55m, it s only i thought that the original one has a metal plate with the klipsch logo.

Ils it a good driver ?

Do you know if it World with the al-3 crossover, or the AA crossover ?

no problem at all , I use the K-55M with the AL  and the AA

1 minute ago, SpeedLimit said:

RandyH, i see you know everything about klipsch, do you know if Eminence Apt-150 were used on klipsch speakers, like a ev t35 (k77) ?

I think you are referring to the APT 50 driver which  was used with several horns including the APT 150 larger horn , as a 100%  substitute for the EVT35 , and yes it works very well  -  it extends higher and  handles more power  , it's a tad less hotter , price wise , it's a bargain  .

I 've been using  the APT 50 (  for close to 15 years )  in rotation with EVT35  /k77 .

32 minutes ago, RandyH said:

I think you are referring to the APT 50 driver which  was used with several horns including the APT 150 larger horn , as a 100%  substitute for the EVT35 , and yes it works very well  -  it extends higher and  handles more power  , it's a tad less hotter , price wise , it's a bargain  .

Not used by Klipsch, though. You can still get the original driver from Tonsil in Poland. Eminence started making their own and not reselling the Tonsil drivers. Bob Crites stopped buying the ones from Eminence as he said they didn't test as well as the orginals. I believe he imported the Tonsil ones for a while.

You would need an adapter to use a 1 3/8 horn mounting.

http://www.tonsilproducent.pl/en/assembly-speakers/tweeters/horn-speaker-driver-t-apt-50-8-ohm-1-35-w

8 minutes ago, RandyH said:

you dont need an adapter if you are using the APT 150 Horn lens since the  lens is already  threaded 1  3x8"-18 TPI

It depend on which version of the driver AND horn you get. Driver sold in US by Eminence has 1 3/8 thread. The one made in Europe made and sold by Tonsil, the threads are on the inside rim of the driver. Their horn would fit. If you wanted their driver on a 1 3/8 threaded horn, you would need the adapter which they sell. They sell the horn and driver as a set:

http://www.tonsilproducent.pl/en/assembly-speakers/tweeters/horn-speaker-driver-t-apt-150-8-ohm-1-45-w

I would write and see if they will ship to Reunion Island. It's a lot closer than the U.S.

14 minutes ago, Marvel said:

The one made in Europe made and sold by Tonsil, the threads are on the inside rim of the driver.

correct , most newer APT 50-80-150 are the opposite -   here are pictures new vs old ,   I have always used the old driver ,  but as we speak the new Drivers are still very good 

Eminence Black High Quality APT50S 45 W Compression Driver (8 Ohm)APT:50 - Eminence APT:50 - Audiofanzine

15 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

But i would prefer to have a smaller Horn.

Ah... I used the larger 150 horn on top of my LS (which I sold. I then used them on a beater pair of LS I restored). 

tweeter2.jpg