Junction box for av and tube amp using same speakers

mopardave

Can anyone tell me if there is anything available?    What i want to do is use the CornScala for 2 channel/tube amp listening and front monitor av use and just be able to turn a know to switch speakers from one amp to the other when needed.   Would be much nicer than moving cables around ever time i switch from one amp to another. Ya know what i mean?  Thanks

Search for "audio amplifier switch box". Just remember that some amplifiers cannot tolerate their (-) outputs being connected together, others cannot tolerate them being connected to ground.

EDIT: And tube amps cannot tolerate open-circuit outputs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Search for "audio amplifier switch box". Just remember that some amplifiers cannot tolerate their (-) outputs being connected together, others cannot tolerate them being connected to ground.

EDIT: And tube amps cannot tolerate open-circuit outputs.

yur right, thanks for reminding me.   Do you know of a tube amp compatable switch box?  Looking at something like this.https://www.ebay.com/itm/144038614764?hash=item21895ed6ec:g:Oo4AAOSw-7Zgneph

12 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Do you know of a tube amp compatable switch box? 

I do not. Some resistors of a few hundred ohms, permanently attached to the tube amp outputs, are often used as protection against accidental open-circuit operation. But basically, "Don't do that."

51 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Can anyone tell me if there is anything available?    What i want to do is use the CornScala for 2 channel/tube amp listening and front monitor av use and just be able to turn a know to switch speakers from one amp to the other when needed.   Would be much nicer than moving cables around ever time i switch from one amp to another. Ya know what i mean?  Thanks

I assume you mean, not going back and forth while both are on.  You just want to be able to play one or the other, without swapping out speaker cables, yes?  

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I do not. Some resistors of a few hundred ohms, permanently attached to the tube amp outputs, are often used as protection against accidental open-circuit operation. But basically, "Don't do that."

I was just thinking. Neither amp will be on at the same time, so no issue there. I just have to be certain that the tube amp is off when junction box is switched to AV amp.  Now, what is a good brand junction box that wont degrade my signal?