Super Tweeters...

Schu

I am thinking of adding a set of Super Tweeters... and I would like to know if anyone has done this to there Heritage (or other speakers) and what were the effects... Improvements and troubles experienced.

which Super Tweeters are the best? Vintage Bullets... Dual AMT's... Ribbon...

thanks.

6 hours ago, Schu said:

I am thinking of adding a set of Super Tweeters... and I would like to know if anyone has done this to there Heritage (or other speakers) and what were the effects... Improvements and troubles experienced.

which Super Tweeters are the best? Vintage Bullets... Dual AMT's... Ribbon...

thanks.

Well Schu ...we used the Tannoy ST 200 Superspeakers on the Tannoy 700 D hooked with 2 Sony SS Monos. The super tweeters condense the music atmosphere, the resolution draws cleaner in the spatiality. However, it depends on the crossover frequency and the tuning to what extent a super tweeter still really makes sense. You have to try it out.

690794219_tannoy700d.jpg.01d727a94d13a86e288e43fd67d8c436.jpg742424485_tannoyst200.jpg.e4240e4ebb6dd9a9eb3716022dd8b511.jpg

• Like 3

Since you are going active, here is a thread that could put some light on the subject...

I have heard super tweeters on Tannoys, the sound was very good to my ears, but haven't listened the same speakers without super tweeters so can not tell the difference. On the other hand, I have ribbon tweeter on my infinity Qb. I can definitely hear more sound in high frequency region than in other speakers I own, but there are lot other factors that could make a difference here than just drivers, basically what MicroMara wrote above.