Buying a new TV

fawwaz

Hello Guys,

I plan on buying a new TV for my new decorated room. I Plan to use the 4.1s>as my sound system!! biggrin.gif

Anyway I think my local dealers suck ,ripoffs and idiots. So I am plannig to buy from the web. My max budget is 500$(more or less) ,so I plan to get a TV from 29"-32".

I would love to hear your thoughts and opnions and how to connect them to 4.1 (do they need to have a 2 Aux outputs=4)and would the line in on the 4.1 provide the surrond sound?

Also what do you think should I buy?

I am checking this out: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004YMBT/qid=986774458/sr=1-3/ref=sc_e_4/104-8600428-6083115

and http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004SSS8/qid=986774368/sr=1-8/ref=sc_e_9/104-8600428-6083115

I think these TV should work fine here in lebanon we have PAL system and 220V 50Hz

Thanks all

biggrin.gif

dude, i don't know if it will work, but if you can get a sony wega down there, they ROCK. My dad just got a 36in or whatever and the picture quality is OUTSTANDING when we play a dvd. go for one of those if you can (you may have to stretch that $500 bucks though smile.gif)

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

512mb pc133 Viking

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

The line-in jack on the 4.1s will not give you surround sound, but the line in on your sound card should.

Yeah, those Sony Wega Flat screen tv's are great. Here, I saw a 27' Sony for about $475. It looked good, but when I went shopping for a new tv for my room I went with a 27' Phillips for about $250. The sony was too expensive.

Hope this helps,

Sam

it is vega. it looks like a w but it is just supposed to be the v's shadow. also the 36xbr version of the vega is over 1500 dollars so it probably out of range but the picture quality is amazing. i've got the 20" and there is no way i can go back to a regualr tv now

oh yeah, and as far as connecting the tv output to the promedia all you need is one output and then you just need to get some y-adapters from radio shack or best buy as well as some adapters to go from the component plug to female 3.3mm stereo.

no, it's not vega, it's wega. when sony types it in text on manuals (and not the fancy style font, just plain text) and on their website, it's wega. If if was vega, they would type vega in plain text, not wega.

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

512mb pc133 Viking

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

According to the Sony website:

http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/office/television/trinitronrtmfdtrinitronwegatm35to36inch/kv-36fv16_specs.shtml

it's WEGA! As in:

WEGA:

Sony televisions that incorporate flat screen technology, nicknamed for the brightest star in the constellation Lyra.

Of course, if we then look up the constellation Lyra, we find:

General:

A small but bright northern constellation lying between DECL=+30 and DECL=+40 and RA=18h and RA=19h. The fifth-brightest star of the sky, alpha Lyr, called Vega (arabic for "stone eagle"), radiates from the top Lyra with a pure white colour. Together with alpha Cyg, Deneb , and alpha Aql, Atair, Vega forms the Summer Triangle.

So it's supposed to be Vega but Sony mispelled it Wega.

Go figure.

ok ok ok ,stop this !!!!!!

Vega is a star and Wega a TV you both are right!

JUST GIVE ME OPNIONS ON GOOD TV'Ss>

and will the 4.1 work as 4 channels and surrond just from the Aux out, because when I used th emic out from a radio it only worked 2 channels ???

I like Toshibas. Check out:

C:\Documents and Settings\rgarrison\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK89\Toshiba Digital Televisions.htm

I've had a 35" Toshiba for about 8 years and have had zero problems with it. Color balance is still excellent, never even had a hiccup. The new FST Black® SuperTUBE sets are (far as I can tell) as good as the Sony's, at least with DVD or cable inputs, don't know about higher resolution signals, and they cost a lot less. Typical web price for 32" version with component video and S-video inputs is about $500.

LOl, poor guy, just trying to help and you vultures let him have it!

Still it was pretty funny, LET THE HACKING BEGIN! hehe.

As far as TV's go, if you can't afford a flat screen larger than 27" (anything smaller is a waste, IMO) then go with a Toshiba, every consumer magazine and display model I've seen is hands down the best standard TV you can buy.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

Hummm...

Micro$oft, in its infinate wisdom, appears to assume that when you cut and paste a link from an e-mail you sent your brother pointing him to the cool Toshiba TeeVee set, the resultant link should point back at the location of the LINK you sent your brother, not to the location that the link links to. If you follow that...

Here's what I was trying to post:

http://www.toshiba.com/tacp/tv/32A40.html

i HATE computers...

Ray "What the world really needs is a Wygiwym interface*" Garrison

* Wygiwym - similar to Wysiwyg, pronounced Whizzy Wig, meaning What You See Is What You Get. Wygiwym, pronounced "whiggy whim" - means What You Get Is What You Meant.