LTusler

I am building a mobile system:

2 Klipsch KP-320's with Celestion CDX1-1747 Drivers

2 Klipsch KP-480's

MiniDSP DDRC88A 

2 QSC GX3's, 300W

1 QSC RMX 850, 200W

Is it best to power the drivers with:

1 amp for the Horns L/R, 1 for the Mid L/R and 1 for the Bass, L/R Horizontal Tri-Amp?

or 

1 Amp for Horn/Mid L, 1 Amp for Horn/Mid R, 1 Amp for Bass L/R, Vertical Tri-Amp?

TIA

Lon

So the question is whether it’s better to go with three 2-channel amps or two 3-channel amps?  In theory, it amounts to the same thing, but there are fewer 3-channel than 2-channel power amps.  That is, the selection is smaller, but they are around.  Bryston makes two, the 9B and the 21B, as well as a selection of 2-channel, 5-channel, and so on.

https://bryston.com/amplifiers/

EDIT:  after looking at Bryston’s price list, I think that going with QSC, or maybe Yamaha, might make much better sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, LTusler said:

Is it best to power the drivers with:

1 amp for the Horns L/R, 1 for the Mid L/R and 1 for the Bass, L/R Horizontal Tri-Amp?

or 

1 Amp for Horn/Mid L, 1 Amp for Horn/Mid R, 1 Amp for Bass L/R, Vertical Tri-Amp?

My first thought is to wire it horizontal. In horizontal format, the 2 channels in each chassis will operate in unison and have less potential cross-talk. Horizontal flow-chart would look cleaner and the interconnect wiring might be neater. 

Since your 2 treble amplifiers are identical, you could wire them either way and probably never notice any difference but, for high power use, horizontal is more logical.