Sold - Black RC-7 center channel in Massachusetts

dtr20

Ok, read and inspect the pictures carefully. I figured I would ask $200 or best offer for this. I am willing to ship at buyer's expense, most likely $100+ to ship because of the weight and size of this speaker. If you are looking for the performance of the RC-7 but don't care about cosmetics, here you go.

This was part of a package deal that my father bought. This speaker was kept in the garage and had significant water damage. It was stored on one side standing up. The front and rear panels started to come unglued from the damage. There was mold on the inside and outside of the cabinet pieces. I sanded everything down to remove the finish and mold, etc. I used a mold killing spray on all the pieces of the cabinet. After that dried over night, I did some finish sanding and stained the cabinet black since the cherry veneer was destroyed from the water damage. The front motorboard panel was spray painted a solid black. I used liquid nail to glue the front and rear panels back in place and let them set up in clamps for several days. There is swelled up mdf areas, nothing is perfectly straight, but the cabinet edges are sealed since I used a liberal amount of liquid nail over all the seems. The woofers have serious dents. The tweeter, ports, and crossover seems fine. The grill is missing 2 pegs and the Klipsch badge. The speaker is solid now and sounds very good to my ears. Feel free to ask me any questions.30e3df5ed7cbb2f41fe8e1e671c7af0a.jpge3bd01467b2ecf015ce4fb13c7dcecca.jpg1d49293c1f1803f585f2d1b9e095a245.jpgd7fd980c5a6f7c3c9495f44cf532cbef.jpg6a6429660e25065bc28e5fa44897052b.jpge00260fe3812b6824470cc5d40fb3bcb.jpg1e18a38686bc6139f0b46ef1e6291139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

This is an absolute "steal." I am using two of these as L/R for TV sound and very pleased with them (they replaced Heresy's and IMO they sound better). Plus I paid about $900 (for the pair) :) Someone better JUMP on this :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • dtr20 changed the title to Sold - Black RC-7 center channel in Massachusetts