What brand HDMI cable for eARC

mopardave

Who makes a good quality HDMI cable for use with eARC and Bluray?     Using Monster brand now, but not sure if these are good enough for 4K.   I don't want to be losing any signal.

AudioQuest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

For eARC and Blu-ray, especially with 4K, you'll want a high-quality HDMI cable. Brands like Belkin or AudioQuest are pretty good. They make cables that can handle 4K well.

Also, since you're looking into HDMI stuff, check this out: https://hifiaudios.com/cables/hdmi-arc-vs-earc/. It's a comparison that might give you more info on what you need.

• Like 1

Hello Folks:

Linus Tech Tips also did a review a few years ago. I bought some Infinite Cables from Canada based on the review. Work fine with my new Pioneer LX505 AVR and Panasonic BDP. My old cables could not handle the Dolby Atmos Blue Ray data rates. However, tons of internet postings re eARC handshake issues which turn out to be common between TVs, AVRs, soundbars, etc. So, if that is the issue, might not be the fault of the cable.  eARCs of my TCL R646 TV (2021) and 505 AVR do not like each other, LOL. It is a bit of a crap shoot.

ygmn: I am in NOLA and part of BBATS. Feel free to say hi or send a PM.

Red Beans and Ricely yours......Satchmo

From NOLA with love

• 1 month later...