R820F Floorstanding Speakers on Entertainment Center, or Replace with another pair of bookshelves??

Thad in MD

Hi everyone, Do you think it would be ok if I put the floor standing R820F speakers on top of my entertainment center on the left and right of my screen? 

Or would it make more sense to replace them with a smaller bookshelf style speaker? I actually already have a pair of RP-600Ms that im using for my rear surrounds at the moment. 

Issue being is that there is not enough room on both sides of the entertainment center to have them far enough back, and generally for aesthetics. 

Any other suggestions please let me know. Below are the details of my current set up 

Pioneer VSX-834 AVR

R-820F L&R

RP-500C Center

RP-600M Surrounds

RP-500SA - Front Heights

R-100SW - Sub 

IMG_0888.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thad in MD said:

Hi everyone, Do you think it would be ok if I put the floor standing R820F speakers on top of my entertainment center on the left and right of my screen? 

Or would it make more sense to replace them with a smaller bookshelf style speaker? I actually already have a pair of RP-600Ms that im using for my rear surrounds at the moment. 

Issue being is that there is not enough room on both sides of the entertainment center to have them far enough back, and generally for aesthetics. 

Any other suggestions please let me know. Below are the details of my current set up 

Pioneer VSX-834 AVR

R-820F L&R

RP-500C Center

RP-600M Surrounds

RP-500SA - Front Heights

R-100SW - Sub 

IMG_0888.jpg

Hello, Well I guess you could but they are your mains and floorstanders.

Will look out of place if aesthetic a concern. Will alter the sound, maybe in a not so good way. Clutter...

If you do, let us see, and let us know how they sound.

Try your 600s as mains to determine if they do it for you.

Really, cannot see a problem with the mains where they are 

now.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

• Like 1