anybody have unfinished Scala's ??

hugeroost

On 3/31/2022 at 8:50 PM, hugeroost said:

CWO I agree man I was thinking just that. I think i'm gonna buy one of those things looks like the size of a sponge and just rub it down good and blow it off good w air and see how that goes

you cant rub down  the raw birch  dry  ,  use steel wool  with  diluted 50/50  mineral spirits .

On 3/31/2022 at 8:50 PM, hugeroost said:

CWO I agree man I was thinking just that. I think i'm gonna buy one of those things looks like the size of a sponge and just rub it down good and blow it off good w air and see how that goes

The Scotch-Brite pads... those should work fine and you don't have to worry about metal bits from the steel wook floating around and getting attracted to the magnets on the drivers.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/c/abrasives/handheld/hand-pads/b/scotch-brite/

Water will raise the grain (tiny wood fibers stand up), so stay away from using water-based for cleaning. There's nothing wrong with adding a water-based wood finish product. Non-yellowing. Dries fast and clear. Ultra low sheen. Just prep correctly. Then you can clean them with a damp cloth, murphy oil soap, etc.