Quartet binding posts- need entire assembly or just the caps

MisterT

Have Quartets, but the caps do not securely bind the speaker wire to the posts. Previous owner may have damaged them. Looking for replacements. 

Not too familiar with this style of post. The simple method used on my Heresy I's seems like a tried and true way to do it. 

I appreciate any and all responses.

BTW first post. 

If you are handy, you can use something this this

https://www.amazon.com/Jabinco-Insulated-Terminal-Binding-Amplifier/dp/B07ZJLB6QK/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1JBJT263DMPRD&keywords=banana+binding+posts&qid=1648671708&sprefix=banana+binding+posts%2Caps%2C65&sr=8-3

Remove the terminal cup, separate the crossover from the cup, and Install these in the old ones place.  I have done similar to a pair of Chorus II speakers.

Thanks! This looks very different than what is on my Quarts currently. These connectors are for banana plugs. I can certainly do this work, I am "handy". I would post a picture of what I have currently, but I don't seem to have the rights to post photos. 

On an unrelated note, how long am I on probation and only allowed one post per day?

Thank you for your reply.

On 3/29/2022 at 8:59 AM, MisterT said:

Have Quartets, but the caps do not securely bind the speaker wire to the posts. Previous owner may have damaged them. Looking for replacements. 

Not too familiar with this style of post. The simple method used on my Heresy I's seems like a tried and true way to do it. 

I appreciate any and all responses.

BTW first post. 

These are pretty good 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333786336188?hash=item4db7374bbc:g:1cIAAOSw-mJfrM7v

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I forgot to update this thread. Replaced all of the binding posts. Much happier as I don't have a random speaker drop. Now wondering if the banana plug type connectors have any advantage in sound quality over the basic speaker wire. My ADCOM GFA 255 can use either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterT said:

Now wondering if the banana plug type connectors have any advantage in sound quality over the basic speaker wire.

No. Adding connections adds 'leaks' or potential problems/losses. If one can solder each end of the cable to the amp and the speaker would be best. But, I'm not recommending that. 

Banana jacks are convenient and I use them, but they should be avoided. 

• Like 1