LaScalas insdustrial for a local Disco venue?

noviygera

17 minutes ago, Vivi said:

KP480 is what we use with La Scalas for a club room. It's a front loaded sub with radiator that was designed to go under the La Scala. It more than does the job. Heaps floating around on second hand market in the states, I think

Wow, didn't know...

18 minutes ago, Vivi said:

KP480 is what we use with La Scalas for a club room. It's a front loaded sub with radiator that was designed to go under the La Scala. It more than does the job. Heaps floating around on second hand market in the states, I think

There is not a heap of Klipsch floating around and pro gear is HARD to find and all Klipsch has jumped in price as much as 100% in the last year and a half. It is insane what people pay now and I remember a short time ago all the whining about $900 La Scalas that sell today for $2,000 all day long.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

The club installation is happening. It's gonna be the LSI with double bass bins + a few double 18 subs! I need some info, if you guys could help, so I can squeeze the most out of this cool set up without the DJs destroying it. I plan to use DSP for processing and limiting.

What we have:

Double bass bins LSI with K43 woofers.

Tops with K55v and K77m drivers

Passive AA crossovers with oil can caps.

DSP processor with 8 outs(nexia) and class AB amps (MC2).

Questions:

1. To use the passive crossovers or go all DSP and ditch the passives? Combination DSP and passive? 

2. To delay the K77m tweeter? Has anyone tried this? Seems like it would benefit from 1-2 feet of delay...

3. To stack the double bass bins side-by-side or vertically?

4. Setting LIMITERS: what is the power handling of K55v and K77m drivers?

5. Recommended crossovers when using the "double bass bins"? Still 400hz or does comb filtering happen?

ALSO, looking to purchase JBL shallow cinema subs such as JBL 4642a (pair or quad). I am in Chicago.

Hope some of these can be answered to help us present these beauties in the favorable light.

Thanks!!

On 6/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, nickyboy6100 said:

Check the garage sale section. There is a decent system that would work great for your needs. 

And probably within driving distance... 😉

@noviygerathe K-77M wont last  in a Pro environment for very long ,  given the age and the wear ( + 40 years )  ,   you can buy  the cheaper piezo tweeter replacements  which come with a T-35 style horn ,    the piezo 's  cost a few $ each on Ebay  , BTW the MCM 1900 used 5 of these tweeters

http://www.ss427.com/MCM-1900.pdf

Image 1 - 2pcs 146*67mm Piezoelectric Tweeter Piezo Ceramics Speaker Horn Piezoelec

the LSI AA passive crossovers with oil cans should be upgraded with  the  newer JEM /klipsch capacitors   @JEM Performance  (412) 401-6915      theaudioroom@verizon.net

since the capacitors are over + 40 years old  (completely worn out )  -

40 minutes ago, Marvel said:

That's what I thought.

You would need to mod the crossover for piezos to sound right. Might as well get the B&C drivers.

A suggestion with a valid example done by the poster would lend credibility to the piezo idea. Otherwise just more words.

Some past versions of the big MCM speakers used piezo tweeters because they could handle more power than the K-77s. Fast forward to 2022 and the modern B&C DE120 tweeter on a MAHL would be a better choice for audio quality and ease of installation for this application, IMHO.

• Thanks 1

Klipsch MCM 1900 ......5 Piezo tweeters at 4 $ each , per side   .....

.https://www.ebay.com/itm/115413312124

...you'd have to spend  320$  x  10  , that's 3200$  to have any MAHL or Crites DE 120 tweeters instead of what 40$   , and not a dime worth of difference  ...  

if klipsch can use   10x 4$  tweeters in Discos with the MCM 1900  then @noviygera  can SAVE A LOT OF MONEY 

http://www.ss427.com/MCM-1900.pdf

MCM-1900 WORKING - The Klipsch Audio Community

Like I said, you can't do what many cheap systems do with piezos by just slapping them in parallel with the woofer. They actually need the crossover designed for them. DJK had posts detailing this. Good luck finding the info.

You aren't going to need 10 compression driver tweeters.