LaScalas insdustrial for a local Disco venue?

noviygera

1 hour ago, 001 said:

if klipsch can use   10x 4$  tweeters in Discos with the MCM 1900  then @noviygera  can SAVE A LOT OF MONEY 

You do realize those MCM-1900 piezo tweeter sets were from the 80's and were most definitely not the chinese "Speaker Piezoelectric Tweeter Loudspeaker 150W Ceramic Buzzer TrR5" right? So how do these sound since you reference them as I assume you would not reference something you have not heard.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, Dave A said:

You do realize those MCM-1900 piezo tweeter sets were from the 80's and were most definitely not the chinese "Speaker Piezoelectric Tweeter Loudspeaker 150W Ceramic Buzzer TrR5" right?

Actually , it's the opposite  ! 

the Chinese made Piezo tweeters are Higher Quality  since the  CTS Ceramic to make piezo tweeters  is  local ,    and  without the CTS product  or the Motorola tooling , no one  can manufacture piezo tweeters  , let alone knockoffs or clones   .

the MCM 1900  piezo tweeters were made  by CTS /Motorola in Mexico or China , the Mexico tooling  was sold to a 1/3 party ,  the Chinese tooling remains in China , for obvious reasons .

https://www.ctscorp.com/products/piezoelectric-products/  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, noviygera said:

There are two possible versions:

As you see, Which stack would you pick and why?

The stack on the right side places the tweeters about seven feet high. That might be too tall? Get some metal mesh grill covers if the woofers are going to be exposed to party people and other wild animals! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, noviygera said:

My concern is the 400hz xover and the matching of double versus single midbass to the mid/high section.

If you have a separate amp channel for each section, then just adjust the single or double woofer SPL to blend with the subs and with the mids and highs.

Marvel,

K43 woofers in the LS cabinets. Yes, there is a left mid/high section for left stack as well!  Actually, I took them apart:

My K55v drivers came with a pair of spare diaphragms. What I discovered is the dipahrams inside my K55v are different from the spare set. The voice coils are much different. See photos. Can you help identify? What's what here? 

Are the higher power diphragms installed and the original set is spare?

comparing.jpeg

K55v.jpeg

spare set.jpeg

10 hours ago, noviygera said:

My K55v drivers came with a pair of spare diaphragms. What I discovered is the dipahrams inside my K55v are different from the spare set. The voice coils are much different. See photos. Can you help identify? What's what here? 

Are the higher power diphragms installed and the original set is spare?

Micheal Crites sells replacement diaphragms for these and he knows what he is talking about. Send him a couple of pics and he is sure to help with accurate info.

3 hours ago, OO1 said:

Very concise answer to

5 hours ago, noviygera said:

The installed diapragms says "D20i"

the spare set "D20g"

what's the difference?

Wonder what was there before you deleted it.