LaScalas insdustrial for a local Disco venue?

noviygera

On 7/26/2022 at 9:35 PM, noviygera said:

Marvel,

K43 woofers in the LS cabinets. Yes, there is a left mid/high section for left stack as well!  Actually, I took them apart:

My K55v drivers came with a pair of spare diaphragms. What I discovered is the dipahrams inside my K55v are different from the spare set. The voice coils are much different. See photos. Can you help identify? What's what here? 

Are the higher power diphragms installed and the original set is spare?

comparing.jpeg

K55v.jpeg

spare set.jpeg

I would be inclined to use the one on the right side of the top picture.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, noviygera said:

It’s slowly coming together now that i have the Jbl cinema subs. 
There are two possible versions:

As you see, Which stack would you pick and why?

BDCA9B17-D2D7-4E67-9A07-69562A343F30.jpeg

Undoubtedly the right hand side, but it's not optimal from a nightclub perspective... you want to maximize your bass output.

The JBL subs should be in a pair in the centre of the room (ideally under the DJ/band stage). 

Get those LSI Bass boxes coupled on the ground, and use a riser (google David Mancuso/The Loft/Klipschorn or Hi Care Soundsystem Melbourne for a visual cue) to get the top box up and pointing down into your dancefloor (ideally). 

You mentioned a processor - definitely want to time align it all if possible :)

Happy to chat if you want any more help - I'm on AEST (timezone) and working 11am to 11pm our time - email vi ATTTT partyhotline.com.au

• 2 months later...

That setup should rock the house in righteous fashion!  La Grange (by ZZ Top) would be a great tune to show what the speakers can do, since it has great dynamic range, from the understated low-volume Billy Gibbons "How, how, how, how" vocal, then the whole band kicks in at high volume.  I sometimes use it to show off what my much smaller JubScala-based system can do, and it never fails to impress.

The only nit I would pick is the open ports on the big bass units.  Without covers, you may wind up picking bottle caps or even bottles out of the speakers at the end of the evening.  One more thing:  It could also be a good idea to try bumping into the towers, like a drunken dancer or staggering drunk might do.  That way, you'll see if there's anything wobbly that might fall down in a worst-case scenario.

We can't wait to hear how it goes with your primo sound system.  Please keep keeping us updated.  Thanks!

I'd say the sound is pretty good! A few notes to consider:

1. passive crossovers were removed

2. using DSP for crossovers and limiting

3. now the subs and midbass and mids and tweeters are properly time aligned. It makes a big difference!

4. Tweeters replaced with DaveA's MAHLs. More durable much better sound.

5. Subwoofer ports now have grills (see photo)

post your questions if you have any!

IMG_0430.thumb.jpeg.f3cedc2666e5845fefbd78238e438710.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I would not expect to see KH in sound reinforcement. 🙃

David Mancuso used Khorns for his famous loft parties in New York. He had traveled to Hope and met PWK. This is a great article about some of the journey. It was shared here before.

https://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/11/klipsch-feature