Wow Frank Malitz Ex-CEO of Carver Corp Comes out Swinging

jjptkd

Grab the popcorn!

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649844049-bob-carver-raven-350-monoblocks-demo-units-as-new-10-year-warranty-including-tubes/

Question:

Frank what do you mean " up till this year" where you be now????

Answer:

"The company was owned by Jordon Gerber, Bob Carver and me from 2016 until Jordan walked out about two years ago. Everything fell apart at that point. Jordan had the product built, painted and assembled and did all the quality control and we never had a defective. Bob’s wife took over a little over a year ago as Bob began to show signs of cognitive decline. Of course she knows nothing about our industry and one of our dealers convinced her that he should he’s a general manager. For six straight years we’ve never built enough product to meet my sales. This former dealer, Jim Clark Stereo, convinced Peggy, Bob’s wife, that he could build the productin his basement that we couldn’t build ourselves! This is absurd. So the two of them got together and terminated all the dealers in the world and all the distributors from Thailand to New Zealand. They were hoping to make more money. I resigned on the spot. their lawyers have already threatened me but I can give an opinion. My opinion is that they have destroyed all the work that I’ve done and the company will go out of business in the near future. That’s just an opinion and it’s entirely subjective and therefore if they come after me, they have no grounds. this is, once again in my opinion, the greatest tragedy in the world of audio in the last decade. The stuff sounded great. Bob is not to blame. He’s pushing 80 years old and has no idea this is all going on"
  • Like 3

Things change in time.  Some good moves and some bad.  It's kinda like researching some guy in a band.  Oh he was great w/them but terrible w/those guys.  IMO it's all subjective.  The attorney's will sort it out and the gavel drops.  It is what it is then.  Ya pay them to sort it out because you all couldn't.  That's sad in itself.  Lifetime of friendship flushed away in a heart beat.  Should have thought it all out before you jumped.  It always sorts someway though..

• Like 2

There have been a couple more responses in the listing, can only assume the last is Jim Clark?

Question:
If the company goes under, who will honor the promised remaining warranty?
Question:
This is disinformation being provided. The response is baseless. Consider the source.
Bob Carver Company is healthier than ever before. The management or its impersonators were changed for good reason. Warranty or service is handed directly through the companies web site. Please call or email with any question.
  • Like 2

Looks like someone got to old Frankie, another update from the listing:

Question:

If the company goes under, who will honor the promised remaining warranty?

Answer:

we had a long talk today and the company isn’t going anywhere but up as they are making progress on the new models. I’m sure they will be here for many years.
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 9:09 AM, jjptkd said:

Grab the popcorn!

Post subject: LIQUDATION SALE- NEW PRODUCTS - FACTORY WARRANTY

From Jm Clark Stereo: Hello, I'm closing my store and taking a position with Bob Carver Company. Here are some 'new in box' items at great deals…

https://www.usaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2914

You need a dance card just to keep up with this group.

• Haha 1

I emailed Mr. Clark and asked if the 275 was going to be carried over, if it would be properly grounded and if the price would be stay the same here was his response:

"Hi Jesse,

When I was asked by Bob to run his company, after he went back into business early this year, after Glass Audio production stopped, I proudly accepted and came out of retirement.

I found a mess. I don’t want to go into details, but the old failed business model, and those who promoted it, are no longer associated with this company in any way.

To say that I am hated by some, is an understatement. I'm here with Bob to keep his legacy on track. 

I cleared up any questions of ownership.

Its now a directive that all Bob Carver products will conform to CE and other standards for export. Bob Carver is world famous. The company will provide to this market.

The 275 and 350 mono blocks will also be redesigned to meet CE and use our new chassis construction of CNC’d aluminum. Same circuits, but redesigned from the ground up using aerospace technology. The new products will be using chassis construction, and LTL displays similar to the V12 Preamp. 5mm thick CNC’d aluminum rather than the formed and welded chassis. 

Prices will be similar. The new amplifiers will be in this family look.

Thanks,
Jim"

carverv12.jpg

Knowing what a slime ball Frank is, this is how I interpret his statements.

He tried to cut corners and put profit in ahead of quality and safety, once this was disclosed for the whole world to see Frank was tossed to the curb for all his bad decisions and bad business model. He is trying to throw Bob's wife and the other guy under the bus when we all know Frank is to blame which is why he is not in his position any longer. He is only trying to save face at this point so he can weasel his way into another position to make money. His business model is short term large profits and when the peanut butter hits the fan he jumps ship and starts up another business venture. He is a business man akin to a used car salesman.

My first post in a while, I'm happy to be back. I had a health scare but doing better now.

• Like 3